In The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida, James and Julie Petrakis showcase their home state’s inspiration and cuisine. With dozens of recipes for dishes that have won legions of loyal fans, The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida, by James and Julie Petrakis, (Story Farm; 256 pages; $35) offers culinary inspiration for home chefs and a gorgeous keepsake for fans of the award-winning Winter Park restaurant.
For a look inside the book, check out this online flipbook sneak preview of The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida.
“This cookbook took us over a year to create as we moved through all the seasons,” says Julie Petrakis, who is co-owner of The Ravenous Pig with her husband James. “It’s a tribute to all the people who got us here. Without the support of our family, our Ravenous team, and our guests this would never have been possible. James and I are fortunate to do what we love every day, and now we get to share how we do it with others.”
With more than 100 photographs and tips on everything from fileting fish to roasting mushrooms, The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida shares the secrets behind some of the restaurant’s most popular dishes, including Gruyere Biscuits, Shrimp and Grits, the sinful dessert Pigtails, to such seasonal favorites as Southern Oysters Rockefeller and Roasted Red Snapper with Black-Eyed Pea and Hominy Stew. The book also contains recipes for hand-crafted cocktails, such as the Bacon Old-Fashioned and the Umatilla Smash.
The Ravenous Pig will host a Release Party on September 30th for a limited number of guests. Tickets are $50 for two people and include passed hors d’oeuvres from recipes in the book, beer, wine, and one signed first-edition copy of the book. Additional books will be for sale for $35. Tickets are available at the restaurant. The book will officially be released on October 2, coinciding with the restaurant’s fifth anniversary. Throughout that week the restaurant will feature dishes from the cookbook on its menu.
The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida is available exclusively at The Ravenous Pig and its soon to open sister restaurant, Cask & Larder. It is also available through www.theravenouspig.com.
Photo credit: Gary Bogdon
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - December 13, 2016
- Classic Cocktails With a Twist: Eggnog Three Ways for National Eggnog Day - December 10, 2016