In The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida, James and Julie Petrakis showcase their home state’s inspiration and cuisine. With dozens of recipes for dishes that have won legions of loyal fans, The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida, by James and Julie Petrakis, (Story Farm; 256 pages; $35) offers culinary inspiration for home chefs and a gorgeous keepsake for fans of the award-winning Winter Park restaurant.
For a look inside the book, check out this online flipbook sneak preview of The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida.
“This cookbook took us over a year to create as we moved through all the seasons,” says Julie Petrakis, who is co-owner of The Ravenous Pig with her husband James. “It’s a tribute to all the people who got us here. Without the support of our family, our Ravenous team, and our guests this would never have been possible. James and I are fortunate to do what we love every day, and now we get to share how we do it with others.”
With more than 100 photographs and tips on everything from fileting fish to roasting mushrooms, The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida shares the secrets behind some of the restaurant’s most popular dishes, including Gruyere Biscuits, Shrimp and Grits, the sinful dessert Pigtails, to such seasonal favorites as Southern Oysters Rockefeller and Roasted Red Snapper with Black-Eyed Pea and Hominy Stew. The book also contains recipes for hand-crafted cocktails, such as the Bacon Old-Fashioned and the Umatilla Smash.
The Ravenous Pig will host a Release Party on September 30th for a limited number of guests. Tickets are $50 for two people and include passed hors d’oeuvres from recipes in the book, beer, wine, and one signed first-edition copy of the book. Additional books will be for sale for $35. Tickets are available at the restaurant. The book will officially be released on October 2, coinciding with the restaurant’s fifth anniversary. Throughout that week the restaurant will feature dishes from the cookbook on its menu.
The Ravenous Pig: Seasons of Florida is available exclusively at The Ravenous Pig and its soon to open sister restaurant, Cask & Larder. It is also available through www.theravenouspig.com.
Photo credit: Gary Bogdon
- It’s Pool Season: Miami Cocktails Launches New RTD Line For Summer - May 18, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Blueberry Almond Smoothie - May 12, 2016
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016
- Mexican Sopes Recipe – Fried Corn Cakes - May 2, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016