The third annual BLEND, the only event dedicated to showcasing Washington’s hottest selling wine – blends, is coming up on Sunday, September 16th from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Held at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center in partnership with Peha Promotions and Table Talk, the event offers guests fine selections from more than 40 top producers, paired with gourmet cuisine from many of Columbia Hospitality’s hotels, inns and conference centers.
More than 40 wineries from Washington state and Chefs from inns, hotels and conference centers of the Columbia Hospitality portfolio will be in attendance, including Salish Lodge & Spa in Snoqualmie.
According to Sean Sullivan of Washington Wine Report, Washington blends are on the rise — and with good reason.
“These are easily some of the state’s best wines. Local winemakers are becoming more creative in making blends, and with the diversity of plantings increasing across the state each year, the sky is the limit for these wines. Will Washington one day be known as the home of the blend? With wines this good, it seems more than possible.”
This year’s BLEND once again includes Barrel Blending Stations, where select wineries will pour components of a blend along with the finished wine. Other event highlights include international tasting stations and a Bubble Lounge that will feature sparkling wines, champagne and cider paired with Taylor Shellfish Farm oysters. New this year will be Project V and Fonte Coffee blending together to create a special espresso martini. Guests will have the opportunity to win getaways and culinary experiences from Columbia Hospitality hotels and resorts in the Pacific Northwest, Idaho, Montana and California, and all will receive a commemorative wine glass.
Tickets for BLEND are $49 per person. Net proceeds benefit the Washington Wine Industry Foundation. For more information, or to buy tickets, visit www.columbiablend.com.
Would you like a chance to join the CraveLocal team at BLEND? I, the Food Ninja, will be there, along with the best of the wine and food industry – and I want you to join me!
Here’s what you have to do to get a chance to win TWO tickets to BLEND’s food and wine event:
Go to our home page and sign up for our newsletter, and then ‘Like’ the Crave Local Facebook Page, or ‘Follow’ the Crave Local Twitter Page, and tweet the phrase “I want to go to BLEND with @CraveLocal! #CraveLocalBlend”. We’ll be randomly picking someone (21+ only, please) to win a pair of tickets, and announcing the winner via email on September 8th, 2012. You must subscribe to win, so be sure to sign up now!
- Valentine’s Day, Hold (Some of) the Chocolate: Cookies, Marshmallows, and Caramel - February 10, 2014
- How To: Take Better Cell Phone Pictures in Poor Lighting - January 17, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Horseback Riding in the Hills with Os Turridning, Røros - January 15, 2014
- Trekking in the Underground Mines While Visiting Norway - January 14, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Checking in at the Røros Hotell - January 13, 2014
- European Travel Ideas: The Brittania Hotel Spa, Trondheim - January 11, 2014
- Mussels and Tarts at Havfruen, A Trondheim Delicacy - January 10, 2014
- Alaskan Husky Dog Sled Tours Is The Only Way To Visit Norway - December 20, 2013
- Staying Healthy for the Holidays: Drink Your Vitamins, Fruits, and Veggies! - December 4, 2013
- Eat This Now: Kyotofu - September 4, 2013