The Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB) is sharing recipes inspired by the tradition of food and wine pairings to diversify at-home cooking during long summer days and months. The blog featured on the Bordeaux Wines website currently features food and drink recipes contributed by Grace Parisi, FOOD & WINE Senior Recipe Developer, that reinterpret summer staples and simplify how to entertain guests with savory dishes and Bordeaux.
Austin Wine Guy Rob Moshein, one of Bordeaux’s U.S. Wine Buffs, describes why the Re:Mix Your Summer Menu works for aficionados that want to change their summer menu and explore Bordeaux wines. “Food and wine pairings should not be complex or too time-consuming to create. The Re:Mix options are not only delicious and appeal to different palates, they can also be paired with broad categories of wine rather than a specific vintage that may be hard to find.”
Throughout the summer, eight different food and cocktail recipes will be shared on Bordeaux’s website. The recipes include Re:Mix #1 for Garlicky Lemongrass Chicken, which features a spicy lemongrass paste that can be rubbed on chicken, pork tenderloin or any firm, white-fleshed fish such as a snapper, sea bass, or halibut. The dish takes about 40 minutes to prepare and can be served with a refreshing and zesty white Bordeaux wine, such as Chateau Coucheroy. Re:Mix #2 features a creamy peach tart recipe with an easy-to-make vanilla wafer cookies and smoked almonds crust that can be coupled with any Bordeaux rosé.
Re:Mix Your Summer Menu also includes a rosé cocktail recipe that can easily fool your guests into thinking you are a mixologist. The recipe recommends using Chateau Bauduc rosé.
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016
- 5 Romantic Cocktails From The World’s Best Hotel Bars - January 24, 2016
- Simple Soup Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Split Pea and Ham Soup - January 22, 2016