This is a classic cocktail recipe revived in this video by Robert Hess and Small Screen Network. Robert does a fantastic job of discussing the history and mystery behind what was deemed as The Prohibition Cocktail. This recipe was discovered searching through the archives of the Savoy Cocktail Book, originally published in 1933.
When discussing these classics, it is not always documented when they made their first appearance on the cocktail scene, or what exactly was in them. This recipe called specifically for Plymouth gin and Kina Lillet. As there is some debate as to if the currently available Lillet is the same as was once marketed as “Kina Lillet”, this recipe brings the cocktail as true to the original as you can find.
1 oz gin
1 oz Lillet Blanc
2 dashes Bitter Truth Apricot Liqueur
2 dashes fresh squeezed orange juice
Stir ingredients with ice.
Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Cinco De Mayo Just Got A Whole Lot More Refreshing! - April 28, 2016
- Grilled Sea Bass Tacos Recipe From NYC - April 12, 2016
- One of The Most Tasty Pizza Recipes To Come Out Of Your Oven - April 7, 2016
- Your New Favorite Way to Cook Clams: Wood Roasted Clams Recipe - April 6, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - March 23, 2016
- Top Five Slimming Cocktails for Summer - March 16, 2016
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016