This is a classic cocktail recipe revived in this video by Robert Hess and Small Screen Network. Robert does a fantastic job of discussing the history and mystery behind what was deemed as The Prohibition Cocktail. This recipe was discovered searching through the archives of the Savoy Cocktail Book, originally published in 1933.
When discussing these classics, it is not always documented when they made their first appearance on the cocktail scene, or what exactly was in them. This recipe called specifically for Plymouth gin and Kina Lillet. As there is some debate as to if the currently available Lillet is the same as was once marketed as “Kina Lillet”, this recipe brings the cocktail as true to the original as you can find.
1 oz gin
1 oz Lillet Blanc
2 dashes Bitter Truth Apricot Liqueur
2 dashes fresh squeezed orange juice
Stir ingredients with ice.
Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - February 3, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - January 3, 2016
- How To Make Delicious Thin Mint Cookies From Home - December 15, 2015
- The Perfect Wine & Pie Pairings To Satisfy Your Holiday Guests - December 8, 2015
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015