This is a classic cocktail recipe revived in this video by Robert Hess and Small Screen Network. Robert does a fantastic job of discussing the history and mystery behind what was deemed as The Prohibition Cocktail. This recipe was discovered searching through the archives of the Savoy Cocktail Book, originally published in 1933.
When discussing these classics, it is not always documented when they made their first appearance on the cocktail scene, or what exactly was in them. This recipe called specifically for Plymouth gin and Kina Lillet. As there is some debate as to if the currently available Lillet is the same as was once marketed as “Kina Lillet”, this recipe brings the cocktail as true to the original as you can find.
1 oz gin
1 oz Lillet Blanc
2 dashes Bitter Truth Apricot Liqueur
2 dashes fresh squeezed orange juice
Stir ingredients with ice.
Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015
- Scottish Shortbread Sundae with Blueberry Ice Cream - November 18, 2015
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - November 17, 2015
- Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe for Your Next Holiday Party! - November 13, 2015
- Neapolitan Trifles Recipe For Your Next Party - November 9, 2015
- Your Next Favorite Icebox Cake Recipe - November 2, 2015
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - November 2, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Flying Fish Bahamas Lionfish Cakes Recipe - October 30, 2015
- Mets and Royals World Series Cocktail Recipes - October 27, 2015