The recently opened FSC Café is located in a pop-up location at Fireside Cellars, just off the lobby of Willows Lodge, and is now offering a delicious selection of sweet & savory crêpes and espresso drinks on weekend mornings.
My boys accompanied me to the cafe, as they love the banana-chocolate crepes that I make at home. The “Get a Room” crêpe was the most appealing to them because of the large fresh strawberries, cream, and candied almonds. I knew they would want whichever most resembled dessert. Yes, these are better than my homemade recipe, and authentic! The batter is light, soft and as thin as could possibly be. The “No Frills All Thrills” is simply cinnamon and sugar… Delicious!
The Caprese Crêpe sounded best to me at the time of ordering, because I find the aroma of fresh basil irresistible. With moist tender tomatoes and miniature mozzarella balls, it’s a Caprese salad in a delightful wrap.
There are many great choices on the menu, and on my next visit to the Café, I will definitely try “The Local.” It incorporates ingredients from the area, including caramelized Washington apples, Woodinville Whisky Caramel and “Salt Works” sea salt. On the savory side, the “Fig & Pig” made with prosciutto, manchego, caramelized onions and figs, this one is a combination that must fare well together. And “The French Man” with Brie cheese, arugula, potatoes and apple bacon would be a hearty choice. The flavor, freshness and overall quality of the crepe fillings were impressive.
The coffee is excellent, as well! Roasted right here in Woodinville, it has a fresh and robust flavor.
You’re greeted with a warm smile as you enter the casual café, and the ambiance is lovely with the oversized fire, comfortable seating, and view overlooking this resort’s beautiful landscape. The crepes range from $8 to $12 each, and a variety of pastries are also available. The Café will be open Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Put some flair in your breakfast!
14580 NE 145th Street
Woodinville, WA 98072 | (425) 4243900
- Chocolate Salon – A Taste of Luxury in Seattle - May 29, 2013
- The Bellevue Collection: Spring Runway Show Brings Fun & Fashion to Seattle - May 14, 2013
- Gary Manuel Studio Grand Opening In Seattle, WA - May 7, 2013
- Wink: Now Featuring FACE Atelier Cosmetics - May 3, 2013
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Introduces: Intraceuticals, A Pure Oxygen Facial - April 1, 2013
- Willows Lodge Cafe: Now Serving Crepes! - February 5, 2013
- Willows Lodge Hosts Party Planning ‘Boot Camp’ To Create Impressive Appetizers - December 13, 2012
- We Pop in for Dessert at Barking Frog - December 7, 2012
- We Mix Up Some Holiday Cheer at Boot Camp Willows Lodge - December 4, 2012
- Salish Lodge: A Northwest Celebration of Honey, Local Foods & Spirits - October 3, 2012