Fall’s bounty is about to land on the scene in Seattle and RN74 is ready, with a new series of tasting menus starting with September’s “Passport Michael Mina” that highlights popular dishes from Michael Mina’s cadre of restaurants throughout the country, including Michael Mina, American Fish, Stonehill Tavern, Bourbon Steak and Nobhill Tavern.
The menu for October will celebrate German/French cuisine with an “Alsatianfest,” while November weather inspires the hunker-down theme of cozy comfort foodand December‘s Festivus is a tantalizing, cross-cultural turn through that diversely delicious season.
September also sees RN74’s debut of “Hometown Heroes,” a new monthly wine program curated by RN74 Lead Sommelier Jeff Lindsay-Thorsen and meant to shine the spotlight on rare and sought-after vintages from stellar, local wine producers. “Hometown Heroes” will profile one winery per month, beginning in September with Seattle’s Cadence Winery.
The acclaimed Seattle winery is best known for its elegant and powerful Bordeaux-styled blends from Red Mountain. Exquisite offerings include the winery’s 2003 Bel Canto ($25 per glass); 2010 CODA ($14 per glass); a 2005 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard ($98 per bottle); a 2005 Taptiel Vineyard ($104); and verticals from Cadence’s acclaimed single vineyard designated wine from the estate Cara Mia vineyard, as well as other, famed Red Mountain vineyards.
“At RN74, the wines of Burgundy are at the heart of our wine program,” says Lindsay-Thorsen. “However, we are tremendously proud to champion the amazing wines and wineries we are producing in our own backyard. We strive to be ahead of the curve, promoting the rising stars of Washington wine and to pay homage to the wineries that have helped us earn our place on the world fine wine stage.”
PAINTED HILLS BUTTER POACHED HANGER STEAK – FEATURED RESTAURANT BOURBON STEAK
- Valentine’s Day, Hold (Some of) the Chocolate: Cookies, Marshmallows, and Caramel - February 10, 2014
- How To: Take Better Cell Phone Pictures in Poor Lighting - January 17, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Horseback Riding in the Hills with Os Turridning, Røros - January 15, 2014
- Trekking in the Underground Mines While Visiting Norway - January 14, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Checking in at the Røros Hotell - January 13, 2014
- European Travel Ideas: The Brittania Hotel Spa, Trondheim - January 11, 2014
- Mussels and Tarts at Havfruen, A Trondheim Delicacy - January 10, 2014
- Alaskan Husky Dog Sled Tours Is The Only Way To Visit Norway - December 20, 2013
- Staying Healthy for the Holidays: Drink Your Vitamins, Fruits, and Veggies! - December 4, 2013
- Eat This Now: Kyotofu - September 4, 2013