Division Winemaking Company winemaker and founder, Thomas Monroe joins forces with Olympic Provisions head salumist, founder and co-owner Elias Cairo for a class about the intricacies of pairing world class wine and charcuterie, both made within Portland’s city limits.
The class includes a tasting and pairing of four Collective wines with eight types of Olympic Provisions charcuterie. Guests will also have the chance to shape final Olympic Provisions products by tasting and commenting on up and coming items that are currently in “test” mode. Tickets are $35 and include tastes of the charcuterie and wine pours. Reservations are required and can be made at www.sewinecollective.com or by calling 503-208-2061.
Thursday, Mar. 21
About SE Wine Collective
The Southeast Wine Collective was founded in 2012 by Kate and Thomas Monroe of the up and coming Division Winemaking Company in response to their personal interest in creating a unique multi-faceted urban winery, coupled with increasing public interest in the urban wine movement. Their goal is to bring together like-minded wineries who are sustainably growing their businesses by establishing a venue for commercial custom crush wine production, a tasting bar and events in an area of SE Portland that already hosts a thriving restaurant and nightlife scene. Currently the collective is made up of four wineries: Vincent Wine Company, Bow & Arrow Wines, Helioterra Wines and Division Winemaking Company and will work as an incubator for future wine brands and budding industry ideas. The tasting bar features pours and flights from the four resident wineries and their inspirational wines along with draft beer and offers a cheese platter featuring Steve’s Cheese and Republic of Jam chutney and a charcuterie platter featuring select meats from northwest charcuterie producers, all served with Little T American Baker breads.
Recently the tasting bar was named Imbibe Magazine’s “2013 Wine Bar of the Year” and listed among Eater National’s list of “11 Hot New Wine Bars Across America: Where to Drink Right Now” and November’s Portland Monthly Best Restaurants 2012 issue in the Wine + Food = Love listing. The tasting bar hosts large and small events, wine release parties and pop-up dinners and is available for rent for private parties. Its hours are Wed. – Fri. 3 – 10 p.m.; Sat. 11a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sun. 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. The Collective is located at 2425 SE 35th Place, Portland, Oregon 97215. Find more information at www.sewinecollective.com, Facebook SE Wine Collective, Twitter @SEWineColl or by calling 503-208-2061.
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - June 29, 2016
- Summer Wine Pairing: Grillo with Zesty Fettuccine with Asparagus and Burrata - June 28, 2016
- Summer Wine Pairing: Grillo with Farmers Market Pea Salad with Shaved Pecorino Romano - June 28, 2016
- Summer Cocktail Recipe: Lavender Lemon Martini - June 15, 2016
- 7 Summer Cocktail Recipes For Picnics, Barbecue, and Grilling - June 14, 2016
- Editor’s Picks: Father’s Day Gift Guide 2016 - June 10, 2016
- Red, White, and Rosé: 90+ Point Wines To Kick Off Your Summer - May 26, 2016
- It’s Pool Season: Miami Cocktail Company Launches New RTD Line For Summer - May 18, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Blueberry Almond Smoothie - May 12, 2016
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016