Prepare to be gobsmacked on Friday, July 27, 2012 at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans as we kick off the 2012 Summer Olympics! Reserve your spot for a pub style lunch in M bistro or traditional English Afternoon Tea in The Davenport Lounge where large screen televisions will broadcast the opening ceremonies at 3:00 p.m. CST. Beefeaters will be on hand to administer crowd control and ladies are invited to don their favorite fascinator or hat! Men should come bearing flags or attire that is representative of their favorite country. Last year, the hotel’s Royal Wedding, Big Easy Style events sold out and more than one hundred and fifty well-appointed patrons packed The Davenport Lounge as early as 3:30 a.m. to watch the wedding on big screen televisions. We expect the same turnout in July for the Olympics!
We wish our U.S. countrymen well as they compete in this global event and if we route the British again (look up the Battle of New Orleans), we apologize in advance. Pip pip cheerio!
Olympic Celebration Kickoff: Friday, July 27, 2012
- M bistro: Friday lunch patrons will enjoy a traditional British pub menu that includes Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash, Shepherd’s Pie, Yorkshire Pudding, etc. Of course, the restaurant will still offer its signature U.S. dishes such as the Bistro Burger, Chicken and Waffles, BLT and healthy options for the Olympically-inclined such as the Jardinière Wrap. The drink menu includes British beers and The Ritz-Carlton Pimm’s Cup, our unique version of this British favorite. Recipes are available upon request. Stay and enjoy Afternoon Tea (reservations required) in the adjacent lounge to view the opening ceremony kickoff at 3:00 p.m. CST.
- Davenport Lounge: Beefeaters will be on hand as guests enjoy traditional English tea service and watch the opening ceremonies for the 2012 Summer Olympics on large screen televisions. Seating is limited, so reservations are required in advance. For the viewing of the Royal Wedding last year, patrons arrived in royal attire at 3:30 a.m. for the sold-out event!
Olympic Summertime Offerings: (July 27, 2012 – August 12, 2012)
- Pub Menu in M bistro: Offered daily (lunch and dinner). The restaurant is ranked as one of the top farm-to-table hotel restaurants in the U.S. (Travel + Leisure).
- Afternoon Tea in The Davenport Lounge: Offered every Wednesday through Sunday.
- Olympic Summer Lagniappe Room Package: Deluxe accommodations, two welcome drinks (Ritz-Carlton Pimm’s Cups) in The Davenport Lounge and discounted valet parking. Rates start at $199 per night. The price does not include tax or gratuity and reservations are subject to availability.
- Royal Four Hands Massage in The Ritz-Carlton Spa, New Orleans: Ranked as the #1 hotel spa in the U.S. and Canada (Travel + Leisure) experience the healing effect of two massage therapists working in tandem to provide the ultimate in relaxation. Two weeks ago, Conde Nast Traveler ranked the spa as one of the top seventy-five in the U.S.
Additional Offerings: (Present through October 2012)
- Summer “starting at” Deluxe Accommodations Rate: $199 per night
- Happy Hour in The Davenport Lounge: Offered every Sunday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., patrons will enjoy $3 tapas as a nod to the city’s Spanish heritage and signature cocktails will be priced at $7 (half price).
- Champagne Dinner in M bistro: Reserve your seat for the restaurant’s first champagne-pairing dinner on August 2, 2012 featuring the Besserat De Bellefon house of Champagne. We welcome all Francophiles.
- Anniversary: The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans opened on October 6, 2000. Join us as celebrate our twelfth anniversary as the city’s premier luxury hotel with room, spa, cocktail and restaurant promotions throughout the month.
- Valentine’s Day, Hold (Some of) the Chocolate: Cookies, Marshmallows, and Caramel - February 10, 2014
- How To: Take Better Cell Phone Pictures in Poor Lighting - January 17, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Horseback Riding in the Hills with Os Turridning, Røros - January 15, 2014
- Trekking in the Underground Mines While Visiting Norway - January 14, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Checking in at the Røros Hotell - January 13, 2014
- European Travel Ideas: The Brittania Hotel Spa, Trondheim - January 11, 2014
- Mussels and Tarts at Havfruen, A Trondheim Delicacy - January 10, 2014
- Alaskan Husky Dog Sled Tours Is The Only Way To Visit Norway - December 20, 2013
- Staying Healthy for the Holidays: Drink Your Vitamins, Fruits, and Veggies! - December 4, 2013
- Eat This Now: Kyotofu - September 4, 2013