As Harvest nears, discover the bucolic wine country on Portland’s doorstep and visit benchmark Oregon wineries, boutique wine producers and private vineyards rarely open to the public. You are invited to “Explore, Tour & Taste” with the characters behind the wines of the Chehalem Mountains and Ribbon Ridge and experience why this versatile wine-growing region is ranked among the best in the Pacific Northwest.
The Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers fifth annual Labor Day Weekend “Explore, Tour & Taste!” includes special pre-harvest vineyard presentations, wine tastings and much more. Times and details vary by participant but are generally 11:00 – 5:00 p.m.
New for 2012: “Wine Country Concierge” at REX HILL Vineyards on 99W, Newberg. Stop by and pick up a map, information on exciting events and route suggestions to plan your day.
2012 participants include: A Blooming Hill, Adelsheim Vineyard, Alloro Vineyard, Anam Cara Cellars, Anne Amie Vineyards, ArborBrook Vineyards, Artisanal Wine Cellars, Beckham Estate Vineyard, Chehalem, Colene Clemens, Cooper Mountain, Dobbes Family Estate, Freja Cellars, Gresser Vineyard, J. Christopher Wines, Lachini Vineyards, Le Cadeau, Longplay Wine, Ponzi Vineyards, Privé Vineyard, Raptor Ridge, Redman Wines, REX HILL, ROCO Winery, Terra Vina Wines, Tresori, Trisaetum, Utopia and Vidon.
Dates: September 1-2, 2012
Cost: Tasting fees vary by location
Location: Chehalem Mountains and Ribbon Ridge wine growing regions
Details and touring map posted at www.chehalemmountains.org.
About the Chehalem Mountains: The Chehalem (pronounced “Sha-HAY-lum”) Mountains AVA is the nearest wine growing region to Portland, located approximately 19 miles southwest of the city. Three distinct soil types (volcanic, marine sedimentary and ice age silt) allow for an exciting array of wines for every palate and cuisine. Home to over 30 wineries and 1,600 acres of vineyard, the region spans portions of Clackamas, Yamhill and Washington counties, and stretches 20 miles from the outskirts of Wilsonville in the southeast, past Sherwood and Newberg almost to Forest Grove in the northwest.
Photo credit, © Chehalem
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - August 29, 2016
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016