The 4-star, Tuscan-inspired property lies in the heart of Napa and embraces the valley’s wine culture. It’s not hard to find a good glass of wine at The Meritage—the resort produces its own varietals at Trinitas Cellars and serves them in a tasting room and restaurant that blends Italian and Californian influences. Guest rooms even come with a welcome bottle of wine. But this resort isn’t just about wine—with its newly-completed $40 million expansion, visitors can now sip on a cocktail from an expert mixologist while bowling on one of six luxury lanes in the new Crush Ultra Lounge.
The resort’s 22,000-square-foot Estate Wine Cave impresses guests with its sheer size and Old-World Florentine architecture. Housed within the cave is Spa Terra, named one of the world’s top 100 spas by Spas of America. The spa’s body treatments range from romantic couples experiences to the La Dolce Vita, which includes a Dolce body treatment, a Terra massage, and European facial, followed by a spa lunch and a glass of wine. Also tucked away in the cave is the Trinitas Tasting Room, made from natural-stone walls and dark woodwork. Tastings may feature house label wines such as moscato, pinot noir, and cabernet sauvignon.
Chefs at the in-house restaurant, Siena, prepare locally sourced, Tuscan-influenced fare such as the rotisserie Fulton Valley chicken and herb-marinated grilled lamb chops. The recent expansion also includes Blend Café, an Italian-inspired eatery with tempting gelato, strong espresso, and fresh pastries. Back in their rooms, guests may opt to stomp their own grapes in a roomy marble bathtub, or cap off the night with a complimentary bottle of wine. This package is starting at $219 a night.
What is Napa, California All About:
From sprawling vineyards to fine Italian dining, Napa California is full of culinary and outdoor experiences you must experience in a lifetime. The valley’s rolling hills are dotted with more than 400 family-owned vineyards, where oak barrels age vintage nectars and visitors are invited to stop, taste, and sniff private-label wines. Vineyards range from St. Helena’s popular Quintessa estate, a 280-acre property specializing in cabernet sauvignon, to lesser-known wineries such as Heibel Ranch Vineyards, which you can tour on the back of a 1963 Jeep. Although some wineries welcome drop-by tastings, your best bet is to make appointments ahead of time.
Click here to read more and book this amazing vacation destination.
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - January 3, 2016
- How To Make Delicious Thin Mint Cookies From Home - December 15, 2015
- The Perfect Wine & Pie Pairings To Satisfy Your Holiday Guests - December 8, 2015
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015
- Scottish Shortbread Sundae with Blueberry Ice Cream - November 18, 2015
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - November 17, 2015