Cherry Heering liqueur proudly announced in New York City today a call for entries for the 2012 Heering Sling Award culminating this October 9th & 10th, 2012 at the Bar Convent Berlin. Cherry Heering liqueur, one of the first global brands and the original cherry brandy of choice by bartenders worldwide, has become an indispensable component of trendsetting and classic cocktails and none more famous than the Singapore Sling.
As the most important contribution to the legendary Singapore Sling, Cherry Heering liqueur has established itself as an accessory that adds lavishness, extravagance and civilization to the cocktail mix and is looking for the best bar talent in the world to re-write cocktail history by creating their version of the Sling using Cherry Heering liqueur.
“The 2012 Heering Sling Award brings an all time bartender favorite in the Singapore Sling front and center challenging their creative bar talents while keeping true to Cherry Heering liqueur “, said Adele Robberstad, CEO of Peter F Heering. “Cherry Heering liqueur continues to be top of mind for the most talented and unique bartenders in the world, they have all helped bring back Cherry Heering liqueur and this competition is for them.”
One US contestant will be chosen in New York City by an esteemed panel of judges and flown to Berlin, Germany to compete in the finals, at the 2012 Heering Sling Award sponsored by Mixology Magazine a leading European trade publication.
Cherry Heering liqueur, purveyor to H.M. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, H.M. Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, has been produced since 1818 and is the original Cherry Brandy. The Sling is one of the oldest beverages in general and was created in 1915 featuring Cherry Heering liqueur as the main ingredient. Bartender Niang Tong Boon created the most famous and now classic recipe of the Singapore Sling at the Raffle’s Hotel in Singapore.
- Valentine’s Day, Hold (Some of) the Chocolate: Cookies, Marshmallows, and Caramel - February 10, 2014
- How To: Take Better Cell Phone Pictures in Poor Lighting - January 17, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Horseback Riding in the Hills with Os Turridning, Røros - January 15, 2014
- Trekking in the Underground Mines While Visiting Norway - January 14, 2014
- Visiting Norway: Checking in at the Røros Hotell - January 13, 2014
- European Travel Ideas: The Brittania Hotel Spa, Trondheim - January 11, 2014
- Mussels and Tarts at Havfruen, A Trondheim Delicacy - January 10, 2014
- Alaskan Husky Dog Sled Tours Is The Only Way To Visit Norway - December 20, 2013
- Staying Healthy for the Holidays: Drink Your Vitamins, Fruits, and Veggies! - December 4, 2013
- Eat This Now: Kyotofu - September 4, 2013