Astor & Black Custom Clothiers is pleased to announce the release of their seasonal Fall/Winter 2012 Look Book.
The collection was designed and curated by Michael Macko—previously of Details magazine and Saks Fifth Avenue—who has been collaborating with Astor & Black as Fashion Director and Special Consultant since Spring 2012.
Entitled “Captains of Industry”, the collection was photographed on location at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and the New York Container Terminal, and pays tribute to those rare kinds of businessmen who are equally comfortable in a boardroom as they are on a job site. “We wanted the clothes to help us to tell a heroic story,” says Mr. Macko. “Since what we are featuring is high-end bespoke clothing, we could have easily decided to shoot the Look Book on a private jet or yacht, but we were looking for something a little grittier, something more down to earth.”
Photographed by the New-York based photographer Matt Albiani, renowned for the inviting and approachable feel of his images, this is the first collection designed by Mr. Macko, who also took on the role of Creative Director for the Fall/Winter 2012 Look Book. Among the 30 featured looks, some of this season’s leading trends are rich hues like ink blue and brown, modern silhouettes like single-button suits with peak lapels, bold patterns like window pane and pinstripe, and sophisticated details like elbow patches and specialty linings. Knit ties also make a noteworthy appearance.
The collection—luxurious and functional, aspirational and exceptionally wearable—features custom made suits, pants, jackets, and outerwear crafted from cloth sourced from legendary mills like Ermenegildo Zegna, Scabal, Loro Piana, and Dormeuil, as well as a vast and varied range of custom shirting in the finest fabrics. Among the selection of high-end accessories and furnishings are ties by Edward Armah; footwear and leather goods by Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, Zelli, W. Kleinberg, Donald J. Pliner, and Di Bianco; knitwear by Raffi and Sojrn; cufflinks by Babbette Wasserman and Robin Rotenier; bags by TUMI.
Astor & Black pays tribute to the elegance, creativity, passion, and tradition of fine custom suiting with its Fall/Winter 2012 Look Book, which will serve as both inspiration and instruction for its ever-growing clientele and the Professional Clothiers who attend to them.
To see more from this luxurious clothing line, visit the Astor & Black website.
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - February 3, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - January 3, 2016
- How To Make Delicious Thin Mint Cookies From Home - December 15, 2015
- The Perfect Wine & Pie Pairings To Satisfy Your Holiday Guests - December 8, 2015
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015