For a fun play on the Mint Julep, mint leaves and all, there is Ada St.’s Bramble On. This refreshing cocktail created with Derby Day in mind includes Broker’s Gin, lemon juice, raspberry jam shaken and strained over ice, with fresh mint.
Ada St. Bramble On Cocktail
- 2 oz Broker’s Gin
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons raspberry jam
Shake all ingredients together and strain over ice. Finish with a healthy bouquet of fresh mint.
About Ada St.
While Ada St. has been a new favorite Chicago watering hole since opening in 2012, Chef Zoe Schor works hard to ensure that her refined bar bites exceed the expectations of even the most selective foodies, offering a special combination of both an amazing beverage program, and food program to boot.
Find delicious spring and summer bar bites like: Crispy Lamb Scrumpets with Minted Malt Vinegar, the Scallop BLT with Roasted Tomato Jam, Bacon Confit, and Arugula, or Grilled Scallops Chimichurri, featuring a diver scallop skewered and grilled, served with a perfectly seasoned chimichurri sauce. Locally baked breads, heirloom vegetables, and seasonal ingredients like mushrooms and locally-sourced duck eggs round out the menu.
Ada St. is located at 1664 N Ada St Chicago, IL 60642
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Gaby Brasserie’s Steak Au Poivre - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: The Clinton Hall Challenge Burger - July 11, 2016
- A Tale of Three Meats: How To Create the Best Burger Blend - July 11, 2016
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - July 11, 2016
- DMK Burger Bar’s Cuban Burger Recipe - July 10, 2016
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger with Grilled Red Onions and Spinach - July 9, 2016