For a fun play on the Mint Julep, mint leaves and all, there is Ada St.’s Bramble On. This refreshing cocktail created with Derby Day in mind includes Broker’s Gin, lemon juice, raspberry jam shaken and strained over ice, with fresh mint.
Ada St. Bramble On Cocktail
- 2 oz Broker’s Gin
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons raspberry jam
Shake all ingredients together and strain over ice. Finish with a healthy bouquet of fresh mint.
About Ada St.
While Ada St. has been a new favorite Chicago watering hole since opening in 2012, Chef Zoe Schor works hard to ensure that her refined bar bites exceed the expectations of even the most selective foodies, offering a special combination of both an amazing beverage program, and food program to boot.
Find delicious spring and summer bar bites like: Crispy Lamb Scrumpets with Minted Malt Vinegar, the Scallop BLT with Roasted Tomato Jam, Bacon Confit, and Arugula, or Grilled Scallops Chimichurri, featuring a diver scallop skewered and grilled, served with a perfectly seasoned chimichurri sauce. Locally baked breads, heirloom vegetables, and seasonal ingredients like mushrooms and locally-sourced duck eggs round out the menu.
Ada St. is located at 1664 N Ada St Chicago, IL 60642
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015