Ruth’s Chris Steak House is one of those great restaurant chains that is not afraid to host private parties and preview some new brands for the public to try. If you read our previous coverage of the Ruth’s Chris, Glenmorange Scotch pairing, you can see that these pairing dinners are more than just great food and drink, but also serve as an educational experience as well.
The first course was a warm brie and pecan tarlet served with a savory apple-mango chutney with guava sauce. This was paired with Ferrari NV Brut Metodo Classico- rated at 90 points by Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
The second course featured a garden salad comprised of summer tomato, cucumber, feta, Kalamata Olives, and fresh herb vinaigrette paired with a 2009 Planeta Chardonnay rated at 91 points.
Our third course was a Lobster & Chorizo Risotto sitting in a Cognac spiked creamy lobster sauce. This delicious dish was paired with a 2007 Santa Rita Triple C rated at 90 points.
The lobster was tender and went well with the risotto, however, the Santa Rita would have paired better with a savory dish versus the moist and creamy dish that it was paired with.
The fourth and (in my opinion) best paired combination, was the Ruth’s Chris’ signature Filet Mignon cooked to over 500 degrees, plate and all. The filet was topped with a Béarnaise Sauce, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes.
Little free advice, when dining at your local Ruth’s Chris and ordering a meat like the Filet Mignon, keep in mind that the plate is cooked simultaneously with the meat in their broiler. This allows you to order your meats a little more rare than usual. [quote]Since the plate is served hot, I prefer the meat medium rare so I can cut it and let it sit on my plate while I enjoy my drink of choice.[/quote]
The 2007 Brunelle di Montalcino was an excellent pairing and was our tables favorite of the wines served, rightfully so with a 94 points rating from Wine Enthusiast. I also saved and drank the Triple C with my filet which brought out the wine better than the lobster.
The final dessert course offered a dark chocolate strawberry served with fresh strawberries and a strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream. This was paired with a 2009 S.A. Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese rated at a well deserved 92 points. This combination was light, refreshing, and paired well.
In all, the dinner was a great experience, providing us and the rest of attendees with new wines to consider, delicious food and great company.
Make sure to subscribe so you never miss another Ruth’s Chris event or other local tastings.
- Spring Brings Fun At Miami Rum Fest and Trade Expo - April 4, 2017
- Cool Down With Our Top Ten Favorite Spring Cocktails - March 20, 2017
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016