LONDON — A massive spill at a Chivas plant has sent the smell of spirits flowing through a Scottish sewer and sorrow coursing through the hearts of Scotch whisky fans.
Chivas Brothers Ltd. spokeswoman Jennifer Stevenson says the group is investigating what she described as an “accidental loss” of spirit at the company’s bottling plant in Dumbarton, Scotland on Feb. 26.
She declined to estimate how much of the bulk whisky had been lost, saying only that it was less than the 18,000 liters (4,755 gallons) mentioned in media reports.
Bulk whisky can be used in various ways, and it wasn’t immediately clear which Chivas brand the liquid was meant to fill.
Stevenson said Friday she did not want to comment on the spill’s circumstances until the company had completed its investigation.via: Huffington Post
- Cool Down With Our Top Ten Favorite Spring Cocktails - March 20, 2017
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016
- Homemade Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms - June 28, 2016