On May 5th, who better than Mexican-American Junior Merino, The Liquid Chef, to share some of his honorary Cinco de Mayo cocktails! For the holiday that commemorates the Mexican army victory, you’ll be celebrating south-of-the-border style with these signature cocktails from the celebrity mixologist!
While having endless drink options are always great party staples – the only way to really celebrate Cinco de Mayo right, is with drinks that feature non-other than Mexico’s most popular beverage – tequila! Whether you’re party hosting or hopping, The Liquid Chef has perfectly blended, unique cocktails that are sure to fit the bill. Live La Vida Mexico!
Alma Blanca Cocktail – by Junior Merino
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh Corn, raw
- 1/2 oz. Dainzu Aloe Vera & Lemongrass Syrup
- 1 Pinch of Herbsaint (or 2 basil leaves)
- 3/4 oz. of Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 oz. Habanero infused* 100% Tequila Blanco
*To make infusion: WEAR GLOVES. Cut, seed and devein one habanero. Add to one bottle of Tequila and leave until desired heatis reached. We recommend no less than 4 hours.
Cut the corn from the cob and add it to a mixing glass with the syrup and herbsaint (or basil). Muddle all of the ingredients until all of the corn has been extracted, then add the rest of the ingredients. Shake and double strain (use a small fine mesh strainer while pouring) into a coupe (old fashioned cocktail glass) rimmed with Junior Merino’s Hibiscus & Rose Salt.
El Angel – by Junior Merino
Get your spirit fiesta-ready with a little El Angel…
- 3/4 oz. Dainzu Gomme Syrup
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz. 100% Tequila Blanco
- 3/4 oz. 100% Mezcal Blanco
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime
- 3 Dried Hibiscus flowers
Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake and double strain into highball glass over fresh ice, rimmed with Junior Merino’s Aleppo Pepper & Lime Rimmer.
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015