On May 5th, who better than Mexican-American Junior Merino, The Liquid Chef, to share some of his honorary Cinco de Mayo cocktails! For the holiday that commemorates the Mexican army victory, you’ll be celebrating south-of-the-border style with these signature cocktails from the celebrity mixologist!
While having endless drink options are always great party staples – the only way to really celebrate Cinco de Mayo right, is with drinks that feature non-other than Mexico’s most popular beverage – tequila! Whether you’re party hosting or hopping, The Liquid Chef has perfectly blended, unique cocktails that are sure to fit the bill. Live La Vida Mexico!
Alma Blanca Cocktail – by Junior Merino
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh Corn, raw
- 1/2 oz. Dainzu Aloe Vera & Lemongrass Syrup
- 1 Pinch of Herbsaint (or 2 basil leaves)
- 3/4 oz. of Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 oz. Habanero infused* 100% Tequila Blanco
*To make infusion: WEAR GLOVES. Cut, seed and devein one habanero. Add to one bottle of Tequila and leave until desired heatis reached. We recommend no less than 4 hours.
Cut the corn from the cob and add it to a mixing glass with the syrup and herbsaint (or basil). Muddle all of the ingredients until all of the corn has been extracted, then add the rest of the ingredients. Shake and double strain (use a small fine mesh strainer while pouring) into a coupe (old fashioned cocktail glass) rimmed with Junior Merino’s Hibiscus & Rose Salt.
El Angel – by Junior Merino
Get your spirit fiesta-ready with a little El Angel…
- 3/4 oz. Dainzu Gomme Syrup
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz. 100% Tequila Blanco
- 3/4 oz. 100% Mezcal Blanco
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime
- 3 Dried Hibiscus flowers
Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake and double strain into highball glass over fresh ice, rimmed with Junior Merino’s Aleppo Pepper & Lime Rimmer.
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016
- 5 Romantic Cocktails From The World’s Best Hotel Bars - January 24, 2016
- Simple Soup Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Split Pea and Ham Soup - January 22, 2016