As the Master Mixologist for Kimpton Restaurants’ bars, lounges and dining rooms throughout the country, Jacques Bezuidenhout plays a personal role in each and every drink you’ll taste at their properties. He’s also one of only a handful of beverage managers who can honestly say he’s visited every single type of major distillery – gin, vodka, scotch, bourbon, rum and tequila – on the planet. We’d say he knows his drink.
As ambassador for Partida Tequila, Jacques chose to create this berry and champagne cocktail for the holidays, combining antioxidants, superfruits, bubbles, and fun!
by Bartender Jacques Bezuidenhout
- 1.75 oz Partida Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz VeeV Acai Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Raspberries
- Champagne or sparkling wine
Shake all ingredients with ice except for the Champagne or sparkling wine. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass and top with Champagne to finish.
Garnish: 2 Raspberries and a Lemon Twist
For more recipes from Jacques’ restaurant, the Fifth Floor in San Francisco, please visit their website.
About the Bartender
Jacques started his career 16 years ago working in bars and restaurants in South Africa. It was not until working in the bar industry in London, where it is considered a profession rather than a mere job, that he grew to love the art of bartending.
Jacques moved on to work in San Francisco in 1998 and started at the Irish Bank Bar & Restaurant. He later created the Million Dollar cocktails for Harry Denton’s Starlight Room, and still consults on the Starlight Room menu. He is currently consulting with Kimpton Hotel Group on their Beverage programs for New Restaurant & Bar openings. He has recently accepted a position to consult for Partida Tequila as their Cocktail & Tequila Ambassador.
Jacques’ drinks have been mentioned in publications like The SF Chronicle, L.A. Times, Wall Street Journal, 7X7 Magazine, Wine Enthusiast, Sante’ and Cheers Magazine and have been shown on the Fine Living Network, Food Network & Channel 4 News. He is also a judge in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. He has also been voted Best Bartender in San Francisco by Anthony Dias Blue.
While at Tres Agaves, the Bar Program won the “ Spirits Restaurant of the Year 2006 “ from Sante’ Magazine due to the work done by himself and Julio Bermejo. He visits distilleries around the world to deepen his knowledge of spirits, and also to further his relationships with the distillers and owners.
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016
- 10 Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips for a Green Home - March 26, 2016
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 24, 2016
- Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe With Nutella Frosting - March 23, 2016
- 7 Things You Can Do This Week to Become a Fat-Burning Machine - March 21, 2016
- Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf With Greens and Mozzarella - March 14, 2016