Derived from a recipe of ten botanicals, Peony Vodka’s floral infusions result in a spirit that most closely resembles the profile of a gin, with very delicate flavor notes from essences like Geranium, Vanilla, Jasmine, Rose, Gardenia, and Peony.
Peony Vodka is distilled five times from American wheat, then filtered twice through charcoal to remove impurities and color. The spirit is then blended with reverse osmosis distilled water, before adding their proprietary floral infusions to the bottle.
Founder Leslie Farhangi created the brand with inspiration from the uncomplicated ‘country-living’ lifestyle in the Northeast, with a focus on appealing to women with light, fresh flavors that blend well into any cocktail.
Through strategic support of organizations such as the New York Ballet and the New York Botanical Gardens, where peonies can be found in the spring, the brand is a also proud supporter of the arts. Peony Vodka has an all female management team, with the majority of their founding investors also women entrepreneurs.
Notes of lemon curd and vanilla are present with this vodka, as well as sweet citrus flower. Warm wheat finishes out the palate, with a subtle dryness that will keep you coming back for that next sip.
Try it in a Vesper, a Lemon Drop, or a Moscow Mule with muddled rose petals in lieu of mint.
Peony Vodka is 40%ABV. MSRP $33
Recommendation: 90 points (Crave Local)
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - December 13, 2016
- Classic Cocktails With a Twist: Eggnog Three Ways for National Eggnog Day - December 10, 2016