Brought to market by South Florida nightlife promoter, and Miami Subs franchisee, Dieuveny Louis, Toast is distilled six times in Florida with the natural essence of pure, flavorless coconut water.
Recently, the Florida-distilled spirit signed up to sponsor the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup and partner with Caribbean rum maker, Gosling’s, to distribute Toast Vodka in Bermuda. According to sunbiz.org, Louis has also filed for the name ‘Toast Rum’, and is purported to have a gin and tequila in development.
In 2015, Toast Vodka was also awarded GOLD in the Los Angeles International Spirits Competition.
Toast Vodka Design Elements
Toast Vodka‘s bottle is an unassuming, frosted clear glass look, utilizing a Bordeaux wine shape. The brand mark is vertically applied to the bottle, along with a spherical ‘sticker’ look silk screening the brand slogan, ‘To Life, to Love, to Us,’ near the bottom quarter of the bottle. Closure is a bar top, with a clear shrink wrap sleeve and black and white tamper strip.
For cocktail drinkers that do not enjoy the taste of alcohol, or wish to drink their vodka on the rocks, Toast Vodka will be a welcome spirit to the top shelf bar. Corn based spirits, when distilled more than a few times, generally retain very little flavor. Although not the first choice for mixologists (who prefer a flavor base to work from), this can make for an exceptionally smooth cocktail, particularly for vodka martinis or skinny cocktails. Toast was no different, with only the palest hints of sweet corn on the finish, and a very minimal alcohol burn.
As the first known brand to add coconut water to the production of their spirit, we were expecting Toast to have tropical notes, but the spirit remained crisp, ultra smooth, and flavorless. Toast is currently considered to be a gluten free spirit, and is made from non-GMO ingredients.
Try Toast in a vodka martini, or a skinny cocktail, with lime and a splash of flavored seltzer.
Toast Vodka is 40% ABV. MSRP $29.99, select markets.
Recommendation: 85 points (Crave Local)
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016