As spring is upon us, and the weather warms, weekend brunches with family an friends are some of the best ways to enjoy the season.
Although many think of mimosas and bloody mary’s as the drink of choice for brunch pairings, rosés, sparkling wines, and light Champagnes work beautifully with brunch fare.
Great brunch wines are typically light-bodied, refreshing and low-alcohol. They are meant to pair well with the sweet and savory brunch menu, but not get you hammered before noon. Some wines are meant to sip, while others are perfect in brunch cocktails and mixed drinks.
A few of our favorite brunch wines include:
Prosecco: This fresh and frizzy Champagne alternative is perfect for brunch. The Italian sparkler has fruit-forward flavors and a refreshing palate. It is also the perfect mixer for Bellinis. We love the Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco and the Zardetto Prosecco Brut.
Cava: Dry and crisp, Cava is a super-value bubbly from Spain. Ideal for making Mimosas or sipping with your savory brunch dishes, Cava will leave your palate and wallet happy. We love the ever-popular Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Cava and the Paul Cheneau Cava Brut Blanc De Blancs.
Moscato: Slightly sweet, slightly sparkling and super hip right now, Moscato is the ideal brunch wine. Its low alcohol and delectable fruit flavors make it such an easy sipper. It’s a great match to your sweeter brunch foods. We love the Saracco 2011 Moscato d’Asti and the Innocent Bystander 2010 Pink Moscato (375ML half-bottle) (which happens to be pink, too!).
Rose: Whether its sparkling or still, we love some pink with our brunch! Rose is both refreshing and crisp, but with an extra richness to the palate. It is great with heavier brunch foods, and it is just plain pretty in the glass! Our favorites are Francis Ford Coppola Winery 2010 Sofia Rose, with it’s notes of pomegranate, crushed strawberries and lavender, and Pierre Sparr Cremant d’Alsace Reserve Brut Rose, with it’s delicate strawberry and raspberry notes, and tiny bubbles.
This feature was brought to you by Wine.com. Find great wines for all your celebrations at Wine.com.
- Does Higher Thread Count Mean Higher Quality Bedding? - December 14, 2016
- The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe You’ll Ever Make - December 14, 2016
- Watermelon Keg For The Perfect Summer Party Experience! - May 2, 2016
- Perfect Brunch Wines for Your Easter Weekend - March 23, 2016
- Easy Appetizers: Spicy Queso Fundido Recipe - February 2, 2016
- Alternatives to Tempurpedic: Leesa Mattress Review - January 22, 2016
- Getting Healthy Series: A Green Juice Recipe You’ll Actually Drink - January 12, 2016
- 10 Ways to Use Coconut Oil For Skin Care - December 8, 2015
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers Recipe Even Your Kids Will Love - December 8, 2015
- The Perfect Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake - November 24, 2015