Although James Bond might have you believe otherwise, if you wish to experience a martini in true, original style, gin is the classic choice of spirit.
• 2 ½ oz. Plymouth Gin
• A splash of dry vermouth
• 2 drops of orange bitters
Add vermouth to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir making sure the ice is coated with vermouth. Strain off excess
vermouth and add remaining ingredients. Stir until extremely chilled and strain into a frozen martini glass. Garnish with an olive or a twist.
Build all ingredients over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel and sage sprig.
• 2 Parts Beefeater 24 Gin
• 3 parts Green tea (chilled)
• .5 Parts Turbinado Sugar Syrup
Pour all ingredients into a Collins or highball glass over ice. Squeeze a wedge of lemon into the glass and discard. Stir and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Mix 1 teaspoon curry powder with 50ml Coco Lopez to make the paste. Shake all ingredients vigorously with ice and strain into glass. Serve in a chilled martini glass, garnish with a sprinkling of curry powder.
Created by Sam Treadway, backbar (Boston, MA)
• 2 parts Beefeater London Dry Gin
• ½ parts Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
• ½ part Simple Syrup
• 2 Long Slices of Green Bell Pepper (one for garnish)
• Top with Barritts Ginger beer
Muddle one slice of bell pepper, add Beefeater, lemon and simple. Shake well with ice. Double strain into an ice filled collins glass. Top with ginger beer, and garnish with a slice of bell pepper.
If Bond is your bag, check out these great vodka martini recipes for you to try at home, or while you are out at your favorite local establishment.
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016
- Homemade Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms - June 28, 2016
- Grilled Garlic and Summer Squash Skewers with Chimichurri - June 28, 2016
- The Perfect Diet Conscious Burger Recipe For Summer - June 27, 2016
- Ten Independence Day Cocktails For The 4th - June 22, 2016
- Enjoy The July 4th With Some Red, White, & Blue Jello Shots - June 22, 2016