Although James Bond might have you believe otherwise, if you wish to experience a martini in true, original style, gin is the classic choice of spirit.
• 2 ½ oz. Plymouth Gin
• A splash of dry vermouth
• 2 drops of orange bitters
Add vermouth to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir making sure the ice is coated with vermouth. Strain off excess
vermouth and add remaining ingredients. Stir until extremely chilled and strain into a frozen martini glass. Garnish with an olive or a twist.
Build all ingredients over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel and sage sprig.
• 2 Parts Beefeater 24 Gin
• 3 parts Green tea (chilled)
• .5 Parts Turbinado Sugar Syrup
Pour all ingredients into a Collins or highball glass over ice. Squeeze a wedge of lemon into the glass and discard. Stir and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Mix 1 teaspoon curry powder with 50ml Coco Lopez to make the paste. Shake all ingredients vigorously with ice and strain into glass. Serve in a chilled martini glass, garnish with a sprinkling of curry powder.
Created by Sam Treadway, backbar (Boston, MA)
• 2 parts Beefeater London Dry Gin
• ½ parts Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
• ½ part Simple Syrup
• 2 Long Slices of Green Bell Pepper (one for garnish)
• Top with Barritts Ginger beer
Muddle one slice of bell pepper, add Beefeater, lemon and simple. Shake well with ice. Double strain into an ice filled collins glass. Top with ginger beer, and garnish with a slice of bell pepper.
If Bond is your bag, check out these great vodka martini recipes for you to try at home, or while you are out at your favorite local establishment.
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - January 3, 2016
- How To Make Delicious Thin Mint Cookies From Home - December 15, 2015
- The Perfect Wine & Pie Pairings To Satisfy Your Holiday Guests - December 8, 2015
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015
- Scottish Shortbread Sundae with Blueberry Ice Cream - November 18, 2015
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - November 17, 2015