Irish Cream Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 5 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over a low heat until fully melted. Remove from heat.
Whisk sugar, vanilla, eggs and Irish cream until fully mixed. Mix in melted chocolate until fully blended. Mix in flour until fully blended.
Grease a 9×9 baking pan. Pour brownie mix into baking pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares for serving.
Irish Cream Brownie Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 4 tsp Irish Cream liqueur
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and confectioner sugar until smooth. Add Irish Cream and beat until smooth. If frosting is a little thin, beat in a little more confectioner sugar until thickened.
When brownies have completely cooled, add frosting and embellishments such as sprinkles or colored sugar as desired.
- The pro-chef-worthy square brownie shape was produced with a little help from my favorite new kitchen gadget, the Kalorik Brownie Maker, which also produces a ridiculously good brownie crust and moist center.
- If you are in a hurry or need a gluten free or whole wheat option, substitute a packaged brownie mix, prepare as directed on package plus add 1/2 cup of Irish Cream to mix.
- The same for frosting, grab a jar of pre-made vanilla frosting and mix in 4 tablespoons of Irish Cream.
- Alternatively, if you don’t like traditional frosting, skip it all together or mix whip cream with the Irish Cream for a topping.
- Holiday Spiced Mulled Red Wine Recipe - November 2, 2015
- Quick and Easy Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Covered Vodka Strawberries - February 12, 2015
- Editor’s Picks: Stocking Stuffers for Coffee Lovers - December 3, 2014
- 6 Gift Worthy Coffees You Need to Try This Holiday Season – 2014 Edition - November 25, 2014
- Editor’s Picks: Annual Coffee Lovers Holiday Gift Guide – 2014 - November 24, 2014
- Quik Pik Me Up Coffee Cocktail - November 19, 2014
- Hostess Gift Essentials for the Holidays - November 17, 2014
- Downtown Chicago Date Night at Sullivan’s Steakhouse - November 16, 2014
- 5 Freedom Moonshine Cocktail Recipes to Heat Up your Holiday Season - November 15, 2014
- Chef James “JR” Robinson’s Butter Poached Lobster and Glazed Cider Plank - November 3, 2014