One of my favorite gifts from the sea are fresh clams. I love clams prepared in so many different ways from a classic Linguine with White Clam Sauce dish to a Spicy Clam Pizza. So when we were approached with a Wood Roasted Clams recipe by Chef Brian Massie from Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar located at Red Rock Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, I felt it was not only worth mentioning but had to giving it a try.
Don’t take our word for it, get the ingredients and try it for yourself.
Wood Roasted Clams
- 8 oz. Washed manilla clams
- 8 oz. Clam stock
- 8 Fresh garlic slices
- 2 tbs. Minced shallots
- 1 pinch Chili flake
- 3 tbs. White wine
- ¼ cup Fregola
- 2 oz. Fennel sausage
- 1 tbs. EVOO
- 1 oz. Diced roma tomato sec
- 1 pinch Fresh chopped parsley
- ½ oz. Lemon vinaigrette
- 1 pinch Salt & pepper
In a hot cast iron pan add oil, sliced garlic and chile and lightly toast the garlic, add the shallots as the garlic browns. Add the clams to the hot pan, toss. Add the white wine, reduce slightly and add the clam stock.
In a bowl mix the fregula, sausage, tomatoes, toss in vinaigrette and add to the clams. Return the pan to the wood burning oven, remove to toss occasionally until all the clams have opened. Garnish with chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper, serve with toasted bread.
- Spring Brings Fun At Miami Rum Fest and Trade Expo - April 4, 2017
- Cool Down With Our Top Ten Favorite Spring Cocktails - March 20, 2017
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016