Start out the morning with a cocktail inspired, alcohol-free tropical mango punch with vanilla, add a bright citrus shrimp salad, and finish with an orange raspberry tartlet. We’re getting hungry already!
Florida Gold Punch
· 4 cups orange juice
· 4 cups pineapple juice
· 2 cups grapefruit juice
· 2 cups oranges, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
· ½ cup mango juice
· ½ cup passion fruit nectar
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 1 vanilla bean, split open, seeds scraped
· orange slices, for garnish
· Pineapple wedges, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in large pitcher; refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until well chilled. To serve, remove vanilla bean; pour into tall glasses containing ice. Garnish with orange slices and pineapple wedges.
For Adobo Marinade:
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
· 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
· 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave the tail sections intact)
· 4 oranges
· 4 grapefruit
· 5 cups washed, stemmed spinach leaves or mesclun lettuce
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a mortar and pestle or blender and puree until smooth. Correct the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste: the mixture should be highly seasoned. Combine the shrimp and 2/3 of the marinade in a non-reactive bowl and stir to mix. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Cut the rind (both the zest and white pith) off the oranges to expose the flesh. Make V-shaped cuts to remove the individual segments from the membranes, working over a bowl to catch the juices. Remove any seeds with a fork. Section the grapefruit the same way. Arrange the orange and grapefruit segments around the outside edge of a platter or 4 salad plates, alternating orange and grapefruit segments. Mound the spinach or mesclun in the center, The recipe can be prepared ahead to this stage.
Preheat the barbecue grill or broiler to high. Grill or broil the shrimp until cooked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Arrange the shrimp on top of the salad and spoon the reversed marinade over the greens. orange and grapefruit segments, and shrimp.
· 1 cup Milk, whole
· 2 Tbsp orange juice
· 1½ tsp orange zest
· 3 each Egg yolks
· 2 tsp Cointreau
· 1½ Tbsp Cornstarch
· 4 each 3” tartlet shells, prepared
· 1 cup orange segments
· 1 cup Raspberries
· 3 Tbsp Powdered sugar
Bring milk to simmer in heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. In separate mixing bowl, combine Florida orange juice, Florida orange zest, egg yolks, Cointreau and cornstarch and whisk to combine.
Pour hot milk into egg yolk mixture while whisking. Return mixture back to saucepot and return to medium-low heat while stirring constantly. Cook until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into mixing bowl and press plastic wrap onto surface. Place mixing bowl on top of another mixing bowl with ice and refrigerate until well chilled.
Spoon ¼ cup of custard into each tartlet shell. Top with orange segments and raspberries. Garnish with powdered sugar and serve.
Recipes courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus
- Spring Brings Fun At Miami Rum Fest and Trade Expo - April 4, 2017
- Cool Down With Our Top Ten Favorite Spring Cocktails - March 20, 2017
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016