This recipe is from Pamela Braun, recipe developer, photographer and the voice behind the hilariously entertaining food blog, MyMansBelly.com.
Her ginger lime martini is the light green color of Spring, and makes for a refreshing treat.
Pamela describes her creation: “On first sip, you taste the citrusy tang of the lime in your mouth. It’s a little sweet but not too much, and once you swallow, you feel that exciting, spicy little tingle in the back of your throat from the ginger. That little tingle almost creates an effervescent quality, and makes for a tasty cocktail.”
This martini can also be made into an equally delicious mocktail by substituting the orange vodka with citrus flavored sparkling water. You can go even lower in calories and create a skinny cocktail by substituting stevia, or Truvia sweetener in lieu of the sugar.
Ginger Lime Martini
by Pamela Braun
- 1 Lime (quartered)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar (divided)
- 1/2 Cup Citrus Flavored Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated (peeled) Ginger
Slice into a piece of the ginger and run it around the rim of each martini glass. Pour 3 tablespoons of the sugar onto a plate and dip rim into the sugar. Place the lime quarters, 1 tablespoon sugar, vodka, lime juice and ginger into a cocktail shaker.
Using a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon, mash all of the ingredients until the lime wedges are good and crushed. Add ice to the shaker, cover and shake well. Strain into sugar rimmed glasses. Serve.
You could garnish this drink with a lime wheel or a curl of ginger. While the recipe calls for citrus vodka-Pamela generally prefers to use orange vodka-you could also use lemon or lime flavored vodka, or even a white rum. For a non-alcoholic version of this drink, substitute citrus flavored carbonated water for the spirits.
Source and credits: Pamela Braun for My Man’s Belly.
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017