This recipe is from Pamela Braun, recipe developer, photographer and the voice behind the hilariously entertaining food blog, MyMansBelly.com.
Her ginger lime martini is the light green color of Spring, and makes for a refreshing treat.
Pamela describes her creation: “On first sip, you taste the citrusy tang of the lime in your mouth. It’s a little sweet but not too much, and once you swallow, you feel that exciting, spicy little tingle in the back of your throat from the ginger. That little tingle almost creates an effervescent quality, and makes for a tasty cocktail.”
This martini can also be made into an equally delicious mocktail by substituting the orange vodka with citrus flavored sparkling water. You can go even lower in calories and create a skinny cocktail by substituting stevia, or Truvia sweetener in lieu of the sugar.
Ginger Lime Martini
by Pamela Braun
- 1 Lime (quartered)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar (divided)
- 1/2 Cup Citrus Flavored Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated (peeled) Ginger
Slice into a piece of the ginger and run it around the rim of each martini glass. Pour 3 tablespoons of the sugar onto a plate and dip rim into the sugar. Place the lime quarters, 1 tablespoon sugar, vodka, lime juice and ginger into a cocktail shaker.
Using a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon, mash all of the ingredients until the lime wedges are good and crushed. Add ice to the shaker, cover and shake well. Strain into sugar rimmed glasses. Serve.
You could garnish this drink with a lime wheel or a curl of ginger. While the recipe calls for citrus vodka-Pamela generally prefers to use orange vodka-you could also use lemon or lime flavored vodka, or even a white rum. For a non-alcoholic version of this drink, substitute citrus flavored carbonated water for the spirits.
Source and credits: Pamela Braun for My Man’s Belly.
- Gluten Free Fall Cocktails That Will Do More Than Just Keep You Warm! - September 11, 2016
- Salmon, Cucumber & Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Tahini Ranch - September 11, 2016
- Spirits Review: Peony Vodka - September 7, 2016
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - August 29, 2016
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016