Good for more than just carving, here are a few of our favorite pumpkin cocktail recipes-some new, some tried and true. As winter comes in full effect, this means cinnamon, spice, and all things pumpkin! Pumpkins are highly versatile, and can be made into a variety of sweet and savory dishes. Let us know what your favorite pumpkin recipes are on Twitter at @CraveLocal!
by Cassandra Rosen
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- 1.5 oz cinnamon cream liqueur
- 4 oz vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbs pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- cinnamon sugar
- whipped cream
In a blender, blend all ingredients except cinnamon sugar and whipped cream. Pour into a chilled mug or glass. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top. Serves 1.
Craving tequila to warm you up? This pumpkin margarita from Blue Mesa Grill makes the perfect summer to fall transition, using pumpkin spice syrup to keep things light and sweet.
- 1.5 oz. Blanco Tequila,
- 0.5 oz. Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 2 oz. Agave Nectar
- 0.5 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
Add ice, tequila, pumpkin spice syrup, agave nectar, and lime juice. Cover and shake to mix.
Another fall favorite is Calvados brandy, from France. Made from fermented apples, Calvados imparts a deeply layered flavor into cocktails that’s hard to resist. Check out this recipe from Josh Perlman and Avec in Chicago.
- 1 1/2 oz Calvados
- 1/2 oz pumpkin puree
- 3/4 oz homemade spices (clove, lemon peel, ginger)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2 dashes of bitters
Place all ingredients, including pumpkin puree in a shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour into a double old fashioned glass on the rocks.
Stef from the Cupcake Project does a twist on the mudslide with this pumpkin flavored creation. Seriously a delicious dessert in a glass!
makes 2 cocktails
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz coffee liqueur (Stef says you can make your own Kahlua-check out her blog for more tips!)
- 2 oz Irish Cream
- 8 oz vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream, to taste
- chocolate syrup, to taste
Via the Cupcake Project
For a three ingredient cocktail that’s fast and easy, try this traditional Pumpkin Pie Martini recipe. Just like the one Mom used to make, warm, spicy flavors blend with savory pumpkin, making this the perfect end to a meal.
by Cassandra Rosen
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur (we recommend Fulton’s Harvest)
- A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Pour vodka and liqueur over ice into shaker and shake, strain into martini glass. Top with dollop of whipped cream, drizzle with caramel syrup, and garnish with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon sticks.
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017