Have plans to grill this week but getting tired of the same old beef burgers? Fox News Magazine has compiled 10 healthy, non beef burger recipes from some very talented bloggers across the US and we decided to give you a sample of some of these tasty treats.
Whether you’re trying to cut down on your of red meat intake, or simply looking to show off your master grilling skills, these will make for some crowd pleasing alternatives to your standard burgers. Just remember to bookmark these recipes as you may be asked for an encore performance.
Red Lentil Cauliflower Burger
This vegan burger, from Richa at Vegan Richa, is made with lentils, grated cauliflower and garam masala (a northern Indian blend of spices). She dresses her patties with homemade onion rings, chipotle habanero mayo and roasted mini red peppers.
Lindsay and Jay are the couple behind the food/comedy blog Funny Love, which is also home to this steak-seasoned bello-burger recipe. “These are embarrassingly easy,” writes Lindsay, the brainchild behind these burgers. “The seasonings and the steaky burger texture are just… YES.”
Peter at Souvlaki for the Soul got his inspiration for these meaty salmon burgers from an article he once bookmarked in the New York Times, but he jazzed it up with dill, chili sauce, capers and garlic — and then nestled them in his homemade brioche buns.
Hawaiian-Style Pork Burger
Made with ground pork, grated ginger and and grilled pineapple, these Hawaiian-style pork burgers from Rachel at Coconut & Lime are a fun way to mix it up at your next barbecue. Click here to try Rachel’s recipe, which includes the steps for making her homemade Hawaiian rolls.
Smokey Sweet Potato Burger
Some people whip up a batch of sweet potato fries to go with their burgers, but Jessica at How Sweet It Is piles the potatoes right onto her burger bun. This smokey sweet potato burger recipe gets even more fantastic flavor from smoked paprika, maple syrup and Jessica’s homemade garlicky cream.
To read the remaining 5 recipes, please go to: Fox News Magazine.
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - February 3, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016
- Stuffed Avocado Quinoa Salad Recipe To Enjoy During The Big Game - January 18, 2016
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2016
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - January 3, 2016
- How To Make Delicious Thin Mint Cookies From Home - December 15, 2015
- The Perfect Wine & Pie Pairings To Satisfy Your Holiday Guests - December 8, 2015
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015