Have plans to grill this week but getting tired of the same old beef burgers? Fox News Magazine has compiled 10 healthy, non beef burger recipes from some very talented bloggers across the US and we decided to give you a sample of some of these tasty treats.
Whether you’re trying to cut down on your of red meat intake, or simply looking to show off your master grilling skills, these will make for some crowd pleasing alternatives to your standard burgers. Just remember to bookmark these recipes as you may be asked for an encore performance.
Red Lentil Cauliflower Burger
This vegan burger, from Richa at Vegan Richa, is made with lentils, grated cauliflower and garam masala (a northern Indian blend of spices). She dresses her patties with homemade onion rings, chipotle habanero mayo and roasted mini red peppers.
Lindsay and Jay are the couple behind the food/comedy blog Funny Love, which is also home to this steak-seasoned bello-burger recipe. “These are embarrassingly easy,” writes Lindsay, the brainchild behind these burgers. “The seasonings and the steaky burger texture are just… YES.”
Peter at Souvlaki for the Soul got his inspiration for these meaty salmon burgers from an article he once bookmarked in the New York Times, but he jazzed it up with dill, chili sauce, capers and garlic — and then nestled them in his homemade brioche buns.
Hawaiian-Style Pork Burger
Made with ground pork, grated ginger and and grilled pineapple, these Hawaiian-style pork burgers from Rachel at Coconut & Lime are a fun way to mix it up at your next barbecue. Click here to try Rachel’s recipe, which includes the steps for making her homemade Hawaiian rolls.
Smokey Sweet Potato Burger
Some people whip up a batch of sweet potato fries to go with their burgers, but Jessica at How Sweet It Is piles the potatoes right onto her burger bun. This smokey sweet potato burger recipe gets even more fantastic flavor from smoked paprika, maple syrup and Jessica’s homemade garlicky cream.
To read the remaining 5 recipes, please go to: Fox News Magazine.
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016
- Homemade Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms - June 28, 2016
- Grilled Garlic and Summer Squash Skewers with Chimichurri - June 28, 2016
- The Perfect Diet Conscious Burger Recipe For Summer - June 27, 2016
- Ten Independence Day Cocktails For The 4th - June 22, 2016
- Enjoy The July 4th With Some Red, White, & Blue Jello Shots - June 22, 2016