Have plans to grill this week but getting tired of the same old beef burgers? Fox News Magazine has compiled 10 healthy, non beef burger recipes from some very talented bloggers across the US and we decided to give you a sample of some of these tasty treats.
Whether you’re trying to cut down on your of red meat intake, or simply looking to show off your master grilling skills, these will make for some crowd pleasing alternatives to your standard burgers. Just remember to bookmark these recipes as you may be asked for an encore performance.
Red Lentil Cauliflower Burger
This vegan burger, from Richa at Vegan Richa, is made with lentils, grated cauliflower and garam masala (a northern Indian blend of spices). She dresses her patties with homemade onion rings, chipotle habanero mayo and roasted mini red peppers.
Lindsay and Jay are the couple behind the food/comedy blog Funny Love, which is also home to this steak-seasoned bello-burger recipe. “These are embarrassingly easy,” writes Lindsay, the brainchild behind these burgers. “The seasonings and the steaky burger texture are just… YES.”
Peter at Souvlaki for the Soul got his inspiration for these meaty salmon burgers from an article he once bookmarked in the New York Times, but he jazzed it up with dill, chili sauce, capers and garlic — and then nestled them in his homemade brioche buns.
Hawaiian-Style Pork Burger
Made with ground pork, grated ginger and and grilled pineapple, these Hawaiian-style pork burgers from Rachel at Coconut & Lime are a fun way to mix it up at your next barbecue. Click here to try Rachel’s recipe, which includes the steps for making her homemade Hawaiian rolls.
Smokey Sweet Potato Burger
Some people whip up a batch of sweet potato fries to go with their burgers, but Jessica at How Sweet It Is piles the potatoes right onto her burger bun. This smokey sweet potato burger recipe gets even more fantastic flavor from smoked paprika, maple syrup and Jessica’s homemade garlicky cream.
To read the remaining 5 recipes, please go to: Fox News Magazine.
- Top 5 Memorial Day Party Punch Bowl Recipes - May 23, 2016
- Spice Up Memorial Day With These Delicious Sangria Recipes - May 20, 2016
- Cinco De Mayo Just Got A Whole Lot More Refreshing! - April 28, 2016
- Grilled Sea Bass Tacos Recipe From NYC - April 12, 2016
- One of The Most Tasty Pizza Recipes To Come Out Of Your Oven - April 7, 2016
- Your New Favorite Way to Cook Clams: Wood Roasted Clams Recipe - April 6, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - March 23, 2016
- Top Five Slimming Cocktails for Summer - March 16, 2016
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016