The July 4th holiday is traditionally a day meant for grilling, outdoor parties, and summer fun. However, if the rain clouds move in, what do you do? So, if you’ve planned something traditional like steak and potatoes on the grill, and now it’s pouring, try these recipes on for size.
Ellen Wright is an acclaimed cook, author of 4 cookbooks, stylist/entertainer who studied under Julia Child and worked with the legendary James Beard for seven years. She has been coined the “low key” Martha Stewart. Her favorite rainy day recipes are as follows:
Wright has just released her latest cookbook: Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All Year Round. In it you’ll find creative, easy recipes that are a perfect match for summer, whether it’s rain or shine!
100% of all proceeds from Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All year Round will go to New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery – Ellen and Joe Wright Prosthetic and Orthotic Fund.
In 2008, Wright was at the hospital for her own needs and saw a three-year old child who could not afford the proper braces for his feet, was in great pain and the outlook for him to be able to walk was slim. From that day forward, she knew where her next calling was. Within four years, she has set up an entire donor fund for those in need of new prosthetics, special shoes, braces, etc. In only a few short years, she has helped hundreds who otherwise would not have been rehabilitated, and her work is even more critical with the recent healthcare reforms.
- Red, White, and Rosé: 90+ Point Wines To Kick Off Your Summer - May 26, 2016
- It’s Pool Season: Miami Cocktail Company Launches New RTD Line For Summer - May 18, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Blueberry Almond Smoothie - May 12, 2016
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016
- Mexican Sopes Recipe – Fried Corn Cakes - May 2, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016