The July 4th holiday is traditionally a day meant for grilling, outdoor parties, and summer fun. However, if the rain clouds move in, what do you do? So, if you’ve planned something traditional like steak and potatoes on the grill, and now it’s pouring, try these recipes on for size.
Ellen Wright is an acclaimed cook, author of 4 cookbooks, stylist/entertainer who studied under Julia Child and worked with the legendary James Beard for seven years. She has been coined the “low key” Martha Stewart. Her favorite rainy day recipes are as follows:
Wright has just released her latest cookbook: Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All Year Round. In it you’ll find creative, easy recipes that are a perfect match for summer, whether it’s rain or shine!
100% of all proceeds from Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All year Round will go to New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery – Ellen and Joe Wright Prosthetic and Orthotic Fund.
In 2008, Wright was at the hospital for her own needs and saw a three-year old child who could not afford the proper braces for his feet, was in great pain and the outlook for him to be able to walk was slim. From that day forward, she knew where her next calling was. Within four years, she has set up an entire donor fund for those in need of new prosthetics, special shoes, braces, etc. In only a few short years, she has helped hundreds who otherwise would not have been rehabilitated, and her work is even more critical with the recent healthcare reforms.
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016