The July 4th holiday is traditionally a day meant for grilling, outdoor parties, and summer fun. However, if the rain clouds move in, what do you do? So, if you’ve planned something traditional like steak and potatoes on the grill, and now it’s pouring, try these recipes on for size.
Ellen Wright is an acclaimed cook, author of 4 cookbooks, stylist/entertainer who studied under Julia Child and worked with the legendary James Beard for seven years. She has been coined the “low key” Martha Stewart. Her favorite rainy day recipes are as follows:
Wright has just released her latest cookbook: Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All Year Round. In it you’ll find creative, easy recipes that are a perfect match for summer, whether it’s rain or shine!
100% of all proceeds from Hampton Weekends: Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All year Round will go to New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery – Ellen and Joe Wright Prosthetic and Orthotic Fund.
In 2008, Wright was at the hospital for her own needs and saw a three-year old child who could not afford the proper braces for his feet, was in great pain and the outlook for him to be able to walk was slim. From that day forward, she knew where her next calling was. Within four years, she has set up an entire donor fund for those in need of new prosthetics, special shoes, braces, etc. In only a few short years, she has helped hundreds who otherwise would not have been rehabilitated, and her work is even more critical with the recent healthcare reforms.
- Sheet Pan Suppers – Vegetarian Ratatouille With Goat Cheese - February 10, 2016
- Uncork a Culinary Adventure With Ruth’s Chris and Spanish Wine Pairings - February 8, 2016
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016