Popular Seattle Aveda hair salon Gary Manuel Salon has opened their newest location in Seattle’s growing South Lake Union neighborhood: Gary Manuel Studio, “A custom experience and affordable alternative to higher-priced salons.”
As you first step in the door and take a deep breath, you’ll notice why this salon is different… It has an amazing aroma. That’s right! Salons usually smell of chemicals that are in perms, colors, and relaxers. Gary Manuel Studio uses Aveda products exclusively. Services that require harsh chemicals that are not healthy for you to breathe, and bad for the environment are not offered.
I took a tour of this lovely space, which was designed by acclaimed Seattle architectural group Graham Baba. Complete with high efficiency plumbing and lighting, the studio was built with environmental awareness in mind. It is clean, beautiful and warm, with polished concrete flooring and wood-wrapped walls and ceilings.
Hairstylists work side-by-side on a long communal workstation, each with their own hair dryer conveniently hanging on a pulley from the ceiling. Douglas, a Stylist at the salon, was kind enough to give me an Aveda Rejuvenating Botanical Hair Therapy treatment, which made my hair feel and smell FABULOUS! With access to USB power and wifi at every station, this salon aims to appeal to the area’s urban professionals, and they go out of their way to make your visit feel special. Hungry? You can order from one of the many wonderful restaurants in the neighborhood and have it brought to you. Need to feed your parking meter? They’ll help you with that as well. Just relax and enjoy your time, whether that means turning off your electronics, or staying connected. With every service you get add-ons, which include: Neck and shoulder rub, aromatherapy, hot towel treatment and deep conditioning, just to name a few.
Usnaps, a new photo booth that connects you with social media, adds some “fun” to your appointment. Capture a before and after photo of your new hairstyle when it’s fresh and you look your very best. Your glamor shot can be sent directly to Facebook, Instagram or email. At Gary Manuel Studio, they take cool hair seriously! Come check out the Grand Opening celebration May 30th starting at 6:00 p.m.
Gary Manuel Studio 390 Westlake Avenue North, Seattle, WA 206.728.1234
*photos courtesy of Tina Thompson Communications
- Chocolate Salon – A Taste of Luxury in Seattle - May 29, 2013
- The Bellevue Collection: Spring Runway Show Brings Fun & Fashion to Seattle - May 14, 2013
- Gary Manuel Studio Grand Opening In Seattle, WA - May 7, 2013
- Wink: Now Featuring FACE Atelier Cosmetics - May 3, 2013
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Introduces: Intraceuticals, A Pure Oxygen Facial - April 1, 2013
- Willows Lodge Cafe: Now Serving Crepes! - February 5, 2013
- Willows Lodge Hosts Party Planning ‘Boot Camp’ To Create Impressive Appetizers - December 13, 2012
- We Pop in for Dessert at Barking Frog - December 7, 2012
- We Mix Up Some Holiday Cheer at Boot Camp Willows Lodge - December 4, 2012
- Salish Lodge: A Northwest Celebration of Honey, Local Foods & Spirits - October 3, 2012