If your holiday plans involve stepping outside with bare or sandal clad feet, getting a great spa pedicure is the first step to looking your best. However, if splurging on exotic treatments and a flawless polish job is out of your schedule or budget, here are some great tips from beauty industry veteran and skincare expert Christiana Savescu of Salon Bar in the Hamptons for at home spa pedicure pampering tips.
Salon Bar’s best at-home spa pedicure tips:
1. To remove old polish, use only cotton. A tissue will just shred. Press the cotton firmly to the base of the nail and bring it up over the nail.
2. Soak the feet 5-10 minutes in warm water. This is essential to remove dead skin cells and soften the cuticles. You can also exfoliate the legs at this point.
3. Use a pumice stone to scrub away any dry, cracked areas.
4. After drying, buff and file the nail straight across while rounding out the edges. This will prevent painful ingrown nails.
4. Moisturize the heels and feet with a cream. Let dry.
5. Wipe away any excess cream from nails and apply base coat.
6. Apply the first coat of polish in a thin layer. Don’t worry if it looks sheer, another coat will go on top. Let nails dry 5 minutes.
7. Apply the second coat and finally the top coat.
Upcoming Specials at Salon Bar
Salon Bar will also be offering $40 blowouts every Tuesday throughout the summer as a weekly promotion. Starting this weekend, on Saturday, July 6th and Sunday, July 7th there will be a Botox and Fillers Special at Salon Bar. The special promotion includes $400 eye and forehead injections performed by Dr. Napoleon Savescu, board certified and New York licensed MD. There will also be hors d’ouerves, refreshments and music for guests to enjoy.
Salon Bar is located at 66 Newtown Lane, Ste. 10, East Hampton, 604-5500.
About Our Expert:
Christiana Savescu, DDS, is a licensed European health practitioner in Switzerland and France, specialized in anti-aging procedures for face and body. The owner of the Salon Bar, she has been in the beauty business for over twenty years and is a certified cosmetologist.
Christiana started her career in 1990 as a Cosmetologist in NYC at the Estee Lauder Spa in Bloomingdale’s. She then became a freelance Make-Up Artist for YSL and Chanel in Bergdorf Goodman, before moving back to Romania to study dentistry. While in the School of Dentistry at Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy from 1994 to 2000, Christiana continued her cosmetologist work. She was a freelance Cosmetologist at Danielle European Salon, and later joined the Lounging Team of La Mer Cosmetics in Bergdorf Goodman. In 2003, Christiana studied L’ecole de Techniques du Maquillage Artistique by Cristian Chaveau at the Paris Beauty Academy, as well as TV make-up and Techniques of Runway. From 2003 to 2010, Christiana was the business manager for a family practice at ABC Medical PC Medical office. In 2010, Christiana took a Botox and Dermal Fillers course at Empire Medical Training in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and went on to practice in Bucharest Romania at Dr. Lascar Medical Center, furthering her knowledge at Teoxane Laboratories in Geneva, in order to learn the new generations of Dermal Fillers such as TEOSYAL.
Christiana is married to Dr. Napoleon Savescu, President of the Romanian Medical Society of NY. He has been practicing medicine in the United States since 1982 and is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital (ABC Medical PC).
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - December 13, 2016
- Classic Cocktails With a Twist: Eggnog Three Ways for National Eggnog Day - December 10, 2016