This fall, on October 20th, Ruth’s Chris Steak House once again partners with Wine Enthusiast Magazine, and leading wine importer Palm Bay International to host a culinary and wine tour of Italy. The five-course dinner, held at 84 restaurant locations nationwide, will feature five award-winning, highly rated wines paired with regionally inspired dishes.
“The wines we are featuring along with a traditional Italian liqueur will become tour guides for the evening as guests enjoy vintages from throughout Italy. Each course will not only bring to life the rich history, flavor and culture of Italy, but will also illustrate how ingredients from the same place complement one another – a taste exploration of these varied regions through food and wine,” said Helen Mackey, Senior Director of Menu Strategy for Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
“From Piedmont through Campania, guests will sample wines from some of the most revered wine regions in Italy alongside Ruth’s Chris’ outstanding selections– an evening that is sure to score higher than 90 points,” said Adam Strum, Editor and Publisher of Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
The featured menu includes:
-First Course: Portobello & Herbed Polenta Napoleon paired with Ferrari Brut, Trentino.
-Second Course: Caprese Salad – Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil Oil paired with Feudi di San Gregorio Falanghina, Campania.
-Third Course: Orecchiette Piedmont – Roasted Fennel & Italian Sausage with Shaved Parmesan paired with Fontanafredda Serralunga d’Alba Barolo, Piedmont.
-Fourth Course: Filet Mignon with Sweet Cherry Peppers paired with Bertani Villa Arvedi Amarone, Veneto.
-Fifth Course: Sicilian Almond Cake paired with Bottega Limoncino Liqueur, Veneto and Sicily.
Wine dinner pricing varies by market with an average price of $95 per person plus tax and gratuity. For a complete list of participating restaurants, and to make reservations, visit: http://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/italianwinedinner/.
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Gaby Brasserie’s Steak Au Poivre - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: The Clinton Hall Challenge Burger - July 11, 2016
- A Tale of Three Meats: How To Create the Best Burger Blend - July 11, 2016
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - July 11, 2016
- DMK Burger Bar’s Cuban Burger Recipe - July 10, 2016
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger with Grilled Red Onions and Spinach - July 9, 2016
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - June 29, 2016