This fall, on October 20th, Ruth’s Chris Steak House once again partners with Wine Enthusiast Magazine, and leading wine importer Palm Bay International to host a culinary and wine tour of Italy. The five-course dinner, held at 84 restaurant locations nationwide, will feature five award-winning, highly rated wines paired with regionally inspired dishes.
“The wines we are featuring along with a traditional Italian liqueur will become tour guides for the evening as guests enjoy vintages from throughout Italy. Each course will not only bring to life the rich history, flavor and culture of Italy, but will also illustrate how ingredients from the same place complement one another – a taste exploration of these varied regions through food and wine,” said Helen Mackey, Senior Director of Menu Strategy for Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
“From Piedmont through Campania, guests will sample wines from some of the most revered wine regions in Italy alongside Ruth’s Chris’ outstanding selections– an evening that is sure to score higher than 90 points,” said Adam Strum, Editor and Publisher of Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
The featured menu includes:
-First Course: Portobello & Herbed Polenta Napoleon paired with Ferrari Brut, Trentino.
-Second Course: Caprese Salad – Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil Oil paired with Feudi di San Gregorio Falanghina, Campania.
-Third Course: Orecchiette Piedmont – Roasted Fennel & Italian Sausage with Shaved Parmesan paired with Fontanafredda Serralunga d’Alba Barolo, Piedmont.
-Fourth Course: Filet Mignon with Sweet Cherry Peppers paired with Bertani Villa Arvedi Amarone, Veneto.
-Fifth Course: Sicilian Almond Cake paired with Bottega Limoncino Liqueur, Veneto and Sicily.
Wine dinner pricing varies by market with an average price of $95 per person plus tax and gratuity. For a complete list of participating restaurants, and to make reservations, visit: http://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/italianwinedinner/.
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017