Summer is here, with grilling, hot weather, and cool, refreshing drinks on our minds. Here are a few ideas on decorating, what to pour, and cocktail recipes for your next outdoor party.
Pouring and serving ideas:
To add some sparkle to your summer celebrations, we liked the Chandon American Summer Limited Edition Bottle ($22), with its trendy, nautical, red, white, & blue design, especially when paired up with Trina Turk’s American Summer Ice Bucket ($58). Both make the perfect addition to any summer gathering, from a 4th of July BBQ to a Hampton’s soirée.
Keep the theme going with these adorable red coral linen napkins from Caron’s Beach House. Available in a set of 4 here for $48. Add a few white flowers floated in a small bowl for a stylish table centerpiece.
Wine is always a refreshing choice for when the temperature soars. Put a bottle of Newton Red Label Chardonnay ($25) on ice, and pair it with barbecued seafood or shellfish. Tasting notes: White nectarine, vanilla spice with baked apple and caramel notes. Ripe melon and fresh pineapple flavors, typical of a Napa Chardonnay. A very food friendly wine.
If you’re entertaining outdoors, think melamine for plates, and acrylic wine glasses for serving where glass is not appropriate. Martha Stewart for Macy’s has a few great options, and you can also check out Michael Aram’s new Madhouse Collection.
For cocktail inspiration, try one of these berry inspired creations, including a sangria punch that’s great for serving to a crowd.
- 4 parts Milagro Silver Tequila
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 parts Agave Nectar
- 8 Raspberries
- 12 Blueberries
- 4 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 6 dashes Peach Bitters
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Fill two glasses with crushed or shaved ice and pour over. Top with raspberries and blueberries.
- 1 Bottle Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
- 1 Bottle Lillet Rouge
- 12 oz. Red Zinger Tea (brewed at 2x strength)
- 6 oz. agave nectar
- 6 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 6 oz. berry blend puree (Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Red Grapes)
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl and stir well. Float an ice block in the center and garnish with floating blueberries, raspberries, halved grapes, blood orange slices and a few mint leaves.
- 3 parts Lillet Rouge
- ½ part fresh lime juice
- Lemon-lime soda (2 – 2 liter bottles)
- Diced fresh fruit of choice (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries and oranges, etc.)
Build cocktail over ice in a wine glass or Collins glass and stir to combine. Top with lemon-lime soda and garnish with an orange slice.
- Gluten Free Fall Cocktails That Will Do More Than Just Keep You Warm! - September 11, 2016
- Salmon, Cucumber & Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Tahini Ranch - September 11, 2016
- Spirits Review: Peony Vodka - September 7, 2016
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - August 29, 2016
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016