- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches fresh collard greens, rinsed and chopped
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) container plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in Dutch oven at medium heat. Add collard greens and cover, allowing to wilt for about 10 minutes, stirring as necessary. Remove to a separate bowl.
Cook bacon in microwave over paper towels. Drain.
Sauté onions in remaining olive oil until tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds. Pour in wine and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Stir in collard greens, cream cheese, plain yogurt, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish (I used a sour dough bread bowl). Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
To serve: Pour into cups while hot, or into a bread bowl, and broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Sprinkle evenly with bacon. Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips.
- Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Go Perfectly With Your Turkey! - November 24, 2015
- Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe For Holidays! - November 24, 2015
- Scottish Shortbread Sundae with Blueberry Ice Cream - November 18, 2015
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - November 17, 2015
- Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe for Your Next Holiday Party! - November 13, 2015
- Neapolitan Trifles Recipe For Your Next Party - November 9, 2015
- Your Next Favorite Icebox Cake Recipe - November 2, 2015
- Maine Lobster White Truffle Pizza - November 2, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Flying Fish Bahamas Lionfish Cakes Recipe - October 30, 2015
- Mets and Royals World Series Cocktail Recipes - October 27, 2015