Five seconds into the holiday season and you’re already burning the candle at both ends. By the time happy hour rolls around, you find yourself more prepared for a nap than festivities with friends. This is a fine time for a “Quik Pik Me Up.” Coffee-infused vodka with a twist will certainly perk anyone up lickety-split!
At the heart of this drink is a quality core: Coffees of Rwanda and VDKA 6100. Inspired by the spirit of the Rwandan people, Coffees of Rwanda is fair trade brand dedicated to ethical and sustainable practices. The Light Medium Roast offers light floral notes and a subtle sweetness. This smooth and buoyant brew compliments the pure, crisp and silky VDKA 6100 vodka, delighting your taste-buds, delivering a soft citrus finish.
Quik Pik Me Up
2oz Coffee’s of Rwanda Light Medium Roast Infused VDKA 6100
.5 oz Lemon Juice
.5 oz Maple Syrup
Garnish: Served like a traditional Italian Shot of Espresso (Lemon Slice)
Infusion Prep: Infuse VKDA 6100 with fresh coffee beans for 12 hours (1 btl =.25lb) or flash infuse by grinding .25lb of coffee beans and then throwing ground
beans into a bottle of vodka and shaking it vigorously for 20-30mins.
Prep: In a cocktails shaker or mixing glass add lemon juice, maple syrup and two ounces of the coffee infused VKDA 6100. Add fresh ice and shake. Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lemon.
- Holiday Spiced Mulled Red Wine Recipe - January 2, 2016
- Living Green: 5 Ideas for Winter Gardening - December 15, 2015
- Editor’s Picks: Stocking Stuffers for Coffee Lovers - December 3, 2015
- The Best Gifts For Your Favorite Holiday Hostess! - November 17, 2015
- Quick and Easy Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Covered Vodka Strawberries - February 12, 2015
- 6 Gift Worthy Coffees You Need to Try This Holiday Season – 2014 Edition - November 25, 2014
- Editor’s Picks: Annual Coffee Lovers Holiday Gift Guide – 2014 - November 24, 2014
- Quik Pik Me Up Coffee Cocktail - November 19, 2014
- Downtown Chicago Date Night at Sullivan’s Steakhouse - November 16, 2014
- 5 Freedom Moonshine Cocktail Recipes to Heat Up your Holiday Season - November 15, 2014