The name says it all for Nitehawk’s FILM FEAST series! FILM FEAST is a special series that features guest chefs who collaborate with Nitehawk’s chefs to create a gourmet tasting menu inspired by an influential film of their choosing. The resulting multiple course meal is served to audiences throughout the movie.
Nitehawk Cinema to launch the third installment of their Film Feast series with guest chef, Carla Hall (Co host of ABC Television’s “The Chew,” popular competitor on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” and owner of Alchemy by Carla Hall) on Wednesday, July 10th at 7:15pm. FILM FEAST is a special series that features guest chefs who collaborate with Nitehawk’s chefs to create a gourmet tasting menu inspired by an influential film of their choosing. The resulting multiple course meal is served to audiences throughout the movie.
Chef Carla selected Memento, the 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan, as the inspiration for the event’s meal.
On why she chose the film Hall says, “I like movies that are clever and make you think. Memento definitely fits the bill. I chose a menu that is loosely based on the idea of the movie, but it also makes you think.”
Nitehawk’s debut FILM FEAST was American Psycho with Guest Chef Francis Derby in February, followed by Amelie featuring Chef Sara Nguyen in March.
July 10, 2013 – 7:15pm ($95)
Christopher Nolan • 2000 • 113 Mins. • US • English • Digital • Starring Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, Mark Boone Junior • R
Memento chronicles two separate stories of Leonard, an ex-insurance investigator who can no longer build new memories, as he attempts to find the murderer of his wife, which is the last thing he remembers. One story line moves forward in time while the other tells the story backwards revealing more each time.
Memento on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/
Guest Chef – http://www.carlahall.com/
“BACKWARDS MENU” by Carla Hall
Inside-out Sammy Jenkins
maple black-pepper glazed bacon, lettuce, tomato mayo, toast
Fruits and Cream
spicy tomato soup, basil cream
Squid Ink Linguine
julienned zucchini & cucumbers, feta, dill
Hot Fried Chicken Salad
shredded cabbage, corn grits
Strawberry Shortcake Cocktail
strawberry compote, biscuit dippers, whipped cream
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015