The name says it all for Nitehawk’s FILM FEAST series! FILM FEAST is a special series that features guest chefs who collaborate with Nitehawk’s chefs to create a gourmet tasting menu inspired by an influential film of their choosing. The resulting multiple course meal is served to audiences throughout the movie.
Nitehawk Cinema to launch the third installment of their Film Feast series with guest chef, Carla Hall (Co host of ABC Television’s “The Chew,” popular competitor on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” and owner of Alchemy by Carla Hall) on Wednesday, July 10th at 7:15pm. FILM FEAST is a special series that features guest chefs who collaborate with Nitehawk’s chefs to create a gourmet tasting menu inspired by an influential film of their choosing. The resulting multiple course meal is served to audiences throughout the movie.
Chef Carla selected Memento, the 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan, as the inspiration for the event’s meal.
On why she chose the film Hall says, “I like movies that are clever and make you think. Memento definitely fits the bill. I chose a menu that is loosely based on the idea of the movie, but it also makes you think.”
Nitehawk’s debut FILM FEAST was American Psycho with Guest Chef Francis Derby in February, followed by Amelie featuring Chef Sara Nguyen in March.
July 10, 2013 – 7:15pm ($95)
Christopher Nolan • 2000 • 113 Mins. • US • English • Digital • Starring Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, Mark Boone Junior • R
Memento chronicles two separate stories of Leonard, an ex-insurance investigator who can no longer build new memories, as he attempts to find the murderer of his wife, which is the last thing he remembers. One story line moves forward in time while the other tells the story backwards revealing more each time.
Memento on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/
Guest Chef – http://www.carlahall.com/
“BACKWARDS MENU” by Carla Hall
Inside-out Sammy Jenkins
maple black-pepper glazed bacon, lettuce, tomato mayo, toast
Fruits and Cream
spicy tomato soup, basil cream
Squid Ink Linguine
julienned zucchini & cucumbers, feta, dill
Hot Fried Chicken Salad
shredded cabbage, corn grits
Strawberry Shortcake Cocktail
strawberry compote, biscuit dippers, whipped cream
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017