From the heart of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Velas Vallarta invites those celebrating National Margarita Day on February 22nd its original Cucumber & Habanero Chili Margarita in hand. A cocktail with a kick, this margarita seamlessly blends together crisp and refreshing flavors with habanero spice. Traditionally served along the emerald waters of Banderas Bay, Velas Vallarta extends its Cucumber & Habanero Chili Margarita recipe for those to celebrate National Margarita Day at home.
Cucumber Habanero Chili Margarita
- 8 oz. Tequila
- 4 oz. orange liqueur
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- Tajin Chili Salt (to taste)
- 2 Limes, juice only
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ Habanero Chili Pepper
- 4 cups Ice
Wash all ingredients, peel cucumber and remove seeds. Cut the Habanero Chili pepper in half and remove seeds. Squeeze limes in a cup or bowl for fresh lime juice. Mix ingredients with the ice and blend until a smooth consistency. Rim a glass with salt and Tajin chili and fill with frozen Margarita mixture. Enjoy!
Velas Vallarta boasts a 10-acre beachfront location with views of the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. Located in the Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive areas of Vallarta-Nayarit, the resort features a lush tropical garden courtyard with three sparkling swimming pools, a cascading waterfall and swim-up bar. For more information on Velas Vallarta, please visit velasvallarta.com.
- Green Cucumber & Habanero Chili Margarita Recipe - February 20, 2017
- Sky Bar’s Poptails: Boozy Treats at The World’s Highest Rooftop Bar - June 8, 2015
- The “Pineapple Dream” at Condado Plaza Hilton - February 3, 2015
- The “Hangovertini” at The Tower Club at Lebua (Bangkok, Thailand) - February 3, 2015
- The Pink Passion Cocktail Makes For A Sweet Valentine’s Day Treat - February 2, 2015