Spring is upon us, and the Kentucky Derby with it’s fine dressed people, giant hats, roses, and bourbon will be here before we know it.
This cocktail from the Wellington in San Diego is a fine fit for bourbon lovers, as well as those who appreciate the more refined (barbecue!) things in life. With elements of sweet, spicy from the radish, sour from the lemon,
The name of this lovely cocktail is WellHog Wild, or The Porcine Derby, since it’s kind of a julep. Minus the mint, add the pork.
The WellHog Wild, AKA The Porcine Derby
from the cocktail bar at the Wellington in San Diego
- 3 oz fig infused or plain good quality bourbon
- ¼ simple syrup
- 4 drops Pimento Dram
- Squeeze of lemon
- Shaved French Breakfast radish
- 1 small slice Meyer lemon
- 2 barbecued wild boar ribs
- Rolled Orange rind
Combine bourbon, simple syrup, Pimento Dram and lemon. Shake with ice. Arrange in glass with radish and Meyer lemon slices. Garnish with wild boar rib and orange rind.
To drink dunk boar rib in glass before drinking and eating rib.
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016
- 5 Romantic Cocktails From The World’s Best Hotel Bars - January 24, 2016
- Simple Soup Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Split Pea and Ham Soup - January 22, 2016