Spring is upon us, and the Kentucky Derby with it’s fine dressed people, giant hats, roses, and bourbon will be here before we know it.
This cocktail from the Wellington in San Diego is a fine fit for bourbon lovers, as well as those who appreciate the more refined (barbecue!) things in life. With elements of sweet, spicy from the radish, sour from the lemon,
The name of this lovely cocktail is WellHog Wild, or The Porcine Derby, since it’s kind of a julep. Minus the mint, add the pork.
The WellHog Wild, AKA The Porcine Derby
from the cocktail bar at the Wellington in San Diego
- 3 oz fig infused or plain good quality bourbon
- ¼ simple syrup
- 4 drops Pimento Dram
- Squeeze of lemon
- Shaved French Breakfast radish
- 1 small slice Meyer lemon
- 2 barbecued wild boar ribs
- Rolled Orange rind
Combine bourbon, simple syrup, Pimento Dram and lemon. Shake with ice. Arrange in glass with radish and Meyer lemon slices. Garnish with wild boar rib and orange rind.
To drink dunk boar rib in glass before drinking and eating rib.
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - June 29, 2016
- Summer Wine Pairing: Grillo with Zesty Fettuccine with Asparagus and Burrata - June 28, 2016
- Summer Wine Pairing: Grillo with Farmers Market Pea Salad with Shaved Pecorino Romano - June 28, 2016
- Summer Cocktail Recipe: Lavender Lemon Martini - June 15, 2016
- 7 Summer Cocktail Recipes For Picnics, Barbecue, and Grilling - June 14, 2016
- Editor’s Picks: Father’s Day Gift Guide 2016 - June 10, 2016
- Red, White, and Rosé: 90+ Point Wines To Kick Off Your Summer - May 26, 2016
- It’s Pool Season: Miami Cocktail Company Launches New RTD Line For Summer - May 18, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Blueberry Almond Smoothie - May 12, 2016
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016