Spring is upon us, and the Kentucky Derby with it’s fine dressed people, giant hats, roses, and bourbon will be here before we know it.
This cocktail from the Wellington in San Diego is a fine fit for bourbon lovers, as well as those who appreciate the more refined (barbecue!) things in life. With elements of sweet, spicy from the radish, sour from the lemon,
The name of this lovely cocktail is WellHog Wild, or The Porcine Derby, since it’s kind of a julep. Minus the mint, add the pork.
The WellHog Wild, AKA The Porcine Derby
from the cocktail bar at the Wellington in San Diego
- 3 oz fig infused or plain good quality bourbon
- ¼ simple syrup
- 4 drops Pimento Dram
- Squeeze of lemon
- Shaved French Breakfast radish
- 1 small slice Meyer lemon
- 2 barbecued wild boar ribs
- Rolled Orange rind
Combine bourbon, simple syrup, Pimento Dram and lemon. Shake with ice. Arrange in glass with radish and Meyer lemon slices. Garnish with wild boar rib and orange rind.
To drink dunk boar rib in glass before drinking and eating rib.
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Gaby Brasserie’s Steak Au Poivre - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: The Clinton Hall Challenge Burger - July 11, 2016
- A Tale of Three Meats: How To Create the Best Burger Blend - July 11, 2016
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - July 11, 2016
- DMK Burger Bar’s Cuban Burger Recipe - July 10, 2016
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger with Grilled Red Onions and Spinach - July 9, 2016