Spring is upon us, and the Kentucky Derby with it’s fine dressed people, giant hats, roses, and bourbon will be here before we know it.
This cocktail from the Wellington in San Diego is a fine fit for bourbon lovers, as well as those who appreciate the more refined (barbecue!) things in life. With elements of sweet, spicy from the radish, sour from the lemon,
The name of this lovely cocktail is WellHog Wild, or The Porcine Derby, since it’s kind of a julep. Minus the mint, add the pork.
The WellHog Wild, AKA The Porcine Derby
from the cocktail bar at the Wellington in San Diego
- 3 oz fig infused or plain good quality bourbon
- ¼ simple syrup
- 4 drops Pimento Dram
- Squeeze of lemon
- Shaved French Breakfast radish
- 1 small slice Meyer lemon
- 2 barbecued wild boar ribs
- Rolled Orange rind
Combine bourbon, simple syrup, Pimento Dram and lemon. Shake with ice. Arrange in glass with radish and Meyer lemon slices. Garnish with wild boar rib and orange rind.
To drink dunk boar rib in glass before drinking and eating rib.
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016