Spring is upon us, and the Kentucky Derby with it’s fine dressed people, giant hats, roses, and bourbon will be here before we know it.
This cocktail from the Wellington in San Diego is a fine fit for bourbon lovers, as well as those who appreciate the more refined (barbecue!) things in life. With elements of sweet, spicy from the radish, sour from the lemon,
The name of this lovely cocktail is WellHog Wild, or The Porcine Derby, since it’s kind of a julep. Minus the mint, add the pork.
The WellHog Wild, AKA The Porcine Derby
from the cocktail bar at the Wellington in San Diego
- 3 oz fig infused or plain good quality bourbon
- ¼ simple syrup
- 4 drops Pimento Dram
- Squeeze of lemon
- Shaved French Breakfast radish
- 1 small slice Meyer lemon
- 2 barbecued wild boar ribs
- Rolled Orange rind
Combine bourbon, simple syrup, Pimento Dram and lemon. Shake with ice. Arrange in glass with radish and Meyer lemon slices. Garnish with wild boar rib and orange rind.
To drink dunk boar rib in glass before drinking and eating rib.
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016
- 10 Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips for a Green Home - March 26, 2016
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 24, 2016
- Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe With Nutella Frosting - March 23, 2016
- 7 Things You Can Do This Week to Become a Fat-Burning Machine - March 21, 2016