Tequila enthusiasts with cash to burn, rejoice! In time for National Margarita Day, The London Bar, set within luxury hotel The London NYC, has debuted The London NYC Billionaire Margarita. Featuring the most exclusive, ridiculously premium ingredients, including Patrón en Lalique Serie 1 and Louis XIII, The London NYC Billionaire Margarita boasts a price tag of $1,200.
Created by Jayson Goldstein, The London NYC’s Director of Food & Beverage, the margarita will be offered as long as the Patrón en Lalique Series 1 is available. As Goldstein said, “With only 500 bottles of the spirit produced, once it’s gone – it’s gone!”
Alternatively, if you actually have this much money to spend on a single cocktail, do the world a favor, and donate it to charity in the name of all things ‘Margarita’. We’re sure the bar won’t mind if you order something more reasonably priced (and substantially less obnoxious).
Find more margaritas here, including Paleo margarita recipes, and chocolate margaritas!
- 1.5 oz. Patrón en Lalique Serie 1 Tequila
- .5 oz. Louis XIII Cognac
- .5 oz. Organic Blue Agave Nectar
- Fresh Key Lime Juice
- Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
- 10 Dashes Cara Cara Orange Bitters (recipe below)
- Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker, shake vigorously.
- Strain into coupe glass rimmed with Maldon sea salt.
Recipe: Cara Cara Orange Bitters
- Skin of 10-15 Cara Cara Oranges
- 4 oz. juice from Cara Cara Oranges
- Handful of Peppercorns
- A Few Star Anise
- Handful of Cardamom
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 oz. Over Proof Rum (such as Bacardi 151)
- Combine ingredients and let sit for five to seven days.
- Strain and bottle.
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017