July kicks off America’s Independence Day and a few food holidays sure to make each summer day more delicious than the next. In celebration of the patriotic month, Chef Michael Shrear of Poag Mahone’s has taken inspiration from his favorite cities around the country to build four hotdog creations each representing the flavors of these dining-destination towns.
With National Hotdog Month and National Mac and Cheese Day both happening in July, each of the four American hotdogs will be accompanied by a side of creamy mac and cheese baked with cheddar, parmesan and blue cheese, mixed with chives, bacon and topped with smoked breadcrumbs.
The American Hotdogs include:
-Chicago-Style Dog with mustard, sweet relish, chopped onion, tomatoes, dill pickle, sport peppers and celery salt.
-San Francisco Dog topped with crispy bacon, shredded lettuce, mayo and tomato relish.
-Kansas City Dog with melted Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, 1000 Island dressing and caraway seed.
-Atlanta Dog loaded with steak chili and topped with creamy cole slaw.
The American Hotdogs will be available July 15 through August 15 on Monday through Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Thursday and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Each hotdog creation plus a side of mac and cheese is priced at $6, not including tax or gratuity. Reservations are not required.
333 South Wells
- Mother’s Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Specials in Chicago - May 6, 2015
- Weber Grill Sizzles on Easter Sunday - March 30, 2015
- An Irish Twist on a Classic Grill Favorite & House-Smoked Corned Beef - March 11, 2015
- Fall in Love with Weber Grill’s Valentine’s Day Menu Specials & Tableside Roses - January 27, 2015
- Here’s the Scoop: Falafill Teams up with Yogurt for Mediterranean Flavors - October 1, 2014
- Oktoberfest Hits the North Shore at Glenview Haus’ 3rd Annual Tent Party - August 25, 2014
- MAS Launches Weekend Mexican Brunch in the West Loop - August 25, 2014
- Falafill “Unwraps” National Chefs Participating in ‘Guest Chef Series’ - May 27, 2014
- TL’s “Cinco de Sushi” Mexican-Inspired Roll for Cinco de Mayo - April 21, 2014
- A “Derby Jubilee” for a Kentucky Derby Viewing Party - April 21, 2014