July kicks off America’s Independence Day and a few food holidays sure to make each summer day more delicious than the next. In celebration of the patriotic month, Chef Michael Shrear of Poag Mahone’s has taken inspiration from his favorite cities around the country to build four hotdog creations each representing the flavors of these dining-destination towns.
With National Hotdog Month and National Mac and Cheese Day both happening in July, each of the four American hotdogs will be accompanied by a side of creamy mac and cheese baked with cheddar, parmesan and blue cheese, mixed with chives, bacon and topped with smoked breadcrumbs.
The American Hotdogs include:
-Chicago-Style Dog with mustard, sweet relish, chopped onion, tomatoes, dill pickle, sport peppers and celery salt.
-San Francisco Dog topped with crispy bacon, shredded lettuce, mayo and tomato relish.
-Kansas City Dog with melted Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, 1000 Island dressing and caraway seed.
-Atlanta Dog loaded with steak chili and topped with creamy cole slaw.
The American Hotdogs will be available July 15 through August 15 on Monday through Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Thursday and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Each hotdog creation plus a side of mac and cheese is priced at $6, not including tax or gratuity. Reservations are not required.
333 South Wells
- Mother’s Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Specials in Chicago - May 6, 2015
- Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet and Flowers at Pinstripes - May 1, 2015
- Weber Grill Sizzles on Easter Sunday - March 30, 2015
- Pinstripes Offers a Hoppin’ Good Time on Easter Sunday - March 30, 2015
- An Irish Twist on a Classic Grill Favorite & House-Smoked Corned Beef - March 11, 2015
- Love at First ‘Bite’ (Cheesy, but it’s true) - January 27, 2015
- Fall in Love with Weber Grill’s Valentine’s Day Menu Specials & Tableside Roses - January 27, 2015
- Pinstripes New Year’s Eve Celebration for All Ages Two Balloon Drops, Champagne Toast, Party Favors & Live Music - December 10, 2014
- Bowl a Turkey and Get a Turkey at Pinstripes This November - November 12, 2014
- Halloween ‘Ball’ at Pinstripes With Complimentary Trick or Treating - October 13, 2014