Guacamole Stuffed Cherry Tomato Poppers
from The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure Beauty Secrets Cookbook
These poppers are the perfect party pleasers. They are so much fun to eat and when you pop one in your mouth a creamy flavorful burst explodes. It’s hard to believe you get 6 grams of fiber from a serving of these creamy babies. And the fat is coming from the “good for you fats” in the avocado, great for glowing skin and hair. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant and UV-blocking carotenoid that’s a natural weapon in the battle against aging skin. Combining it with the healthy fats in avocado makes it easier for the body to absorb, and more beneficial. Your challenge: not eating all of these delicious cherry tomato poppers yourself!
Prep: 15 minutes
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1 juice of a lime
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 small diced mango
- Salt to taste
Crush garlic and set aside for 5 minutes to release its healthy boosting effect. Wash cherry tomatoes and cut tops off. Carefully cut a sliver off the bottom to help them stand up. Be careful not to cut too deep to make an opening on the bottom. Using a melon baller or knife, scoop out the insides until hollow.
In a bowl, mix together mashed avocado, lime juice, garlic and cilantro. Cut mango into tiny cubes so they will fit nicely in the cherry tomatoes. Gently stuff tomatoes with guacamole and serve as a healthy appetizer!
Did you know that one serving of mangoes provides 100% of your daily vitamin C and 35% of your vitamin A, both important antioxidant nutrients? Vitamin C promotes healthy immune function and collagen formation. Vitamin A is important for vision and bone growth.
Serves: 4 (5 tomatoes per serving)
Per serving: Calories 186; total fat 8 g; saturated fat 1 g; cholesterol 0 mg; sodium 17 mg; carbohydrates 30 g; dietary fiber 6 g; sugars 11 g; protein 4 g
Percent Daily Value:
Vitamin A: 28% Vitamin C: 78% Iron: 7% Calcium: 9%
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017