Corn & Crab Salad Recipe
By David Kurtz, Maven
1 whole Dungeness crab
2 Spanish onions
⅓ cup whole black peppercorns
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
4 bay leaves
½ teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more as needed
2 ears sweet corn
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Boil the crab in a stock of 2 gallons of water, adding the leek, onions, fennel, black peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, and 3 of the lemons. Once cooked, transfer to an ice bath to let cool completely. Pick out the meat and reserve.
2. Blend 1 of the avocadoes with ½ teaspoon vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon lemon juice from the remaining lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Remove the corn kernels from the cobs. Roast the corn in a heavy bottomed skillet on the stovetop with oil, salt, and pepper until deep golden brown.
4. To plate the salad, spread the avocado mousse first. Sprinkle the roasted corn on top. Cut the remaining avocado into large sections and arrange on top with the crabmeat.
Source and credit: CUESA.org, Maven Restaurant.
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016
- 10 Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips for a Green Home - March 26, 2016
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 24, 2016
- Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe With Nutella Frosting - March 23, 2016
- 7 Things You Can Do This Week to Become a Fat-Burning Machine - March 21, 2016