Corn & Crab Salad Recipe
By David Kurtz, Maven
1 whole Dungeness crab
2 Spanish onions
⅓ cup whole black peppercorns
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
4 bay leaves
½ teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more as needed
2 ears sweet corn
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Boil the crab in a stock of 2 gallons of water, adding the leek, onions, fennel, black peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, and 3 of the lemons. Once cooked, transfer to an ice bath to let cool completely. Pick out the meat and reserve.
2. Blend 1 of the avocadoes with ½ teaspoon vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon lemon juice from the remaining lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Remove the corn kernels from the cobs. Roast the corn in a heavy bottomed skillet on the stovetop with oil, salt, and pepper until deep golden brown.
4. To plate the salad, spread the avocado mousse first. Sprinkle the roasted corn on top. Cut the remaining avocado into large sections and arrange on top with the crabmeat.
Source and credit: CUESA.org, Maven Restaurant.
- Drinking ‘Pink’: Soltado Tequila Kicks off ‘Cocktails for a Cause’ - October 17, 2016
- Orlando Wine Events: Christner’s Prime Steak To Host Chateau Ste. Michelle Dinner October 21st - October 12, 2016
- Spirit Review: Toast Vodka - September 30, 2016
- Gluten Free Fall Cocktails That Will Do More Than Just Keep You Warm! - September 11, 2016
- Salmon, Cucumber & Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Tahini Ranch - September 11, 2016
- Spirits Review: Peony Vodka - September 7, 2016
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - August 29, 2016
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016