Corn & Crab Salad Recipe
By David Kurtz, Maven
1 whole Dungeness crab
2 Spanish onions
⅓ cup whole black peppercorns
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
4 bay leaves
½ teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more as needed
2 ears sweet corn
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Boil the crab in a stock of 2 gallons of water, adding the leek, onions, fennel, black peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, and 3 of the lemons. Once cooked, transfer to an ice bath to let cool completely. Pick out the meat and reserve.
2. Blend 1 of the avocadoes with ½ teaspoon vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon lemon juice from the remaining lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Remove the corn kernels from the cobs. Roast the corn in a heavy bottomed skillet on the stovetop with oil, salt, and pepper until deep golden brown.
4. To plate the salad, spread the avocado mousse first. Sprinkle the roasted corn on top. Cut the remaining avocado into large sections and arrange on top with the crabmeat.
Source and credit: CUESA.org, Maven Restaurant.
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015