Corn & Crab Salad Recipe
By David Kurtz, Maven
1 whole Dungeness crab
2 Spanish onions
⅓ cup whole black peppercorns
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
4 bay leaves
½ teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more as needed
2 ears sweet corn
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Boil the crab in a stock of 2 gallons of water, adding the leek, onions, fennel, black peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, and 3 of the lemons. Once cooked, transfer to an ice bath to let cool completely. Pick out the meat and reserve.
2. Blend 1 of the avocadoes with ½ teaspoon vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon lemon juice from the remaining lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Remove the corn kernels from the cobs. Roast the corn in a heavy bottomed skillet on the stovetop with oil, salt, and pepper until deep golden brown.
4. To plate the salad, spread the avocado mousse first. Sprinkle the roasted corn on top. Cut the remaining avocado into large sections and arrange on top with the crabmeat.
Source and credit: CUESA.org, Maven Restaurant.
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - December 13, 2016
- Classic Cocktails With a Twist: Eggnog Three Ways for National Eggnog Day - December 10, 2016