It might sound strange, but chocolate with tequila are a match made in heaven. The toasted notes of agave pair well with the creaminess of high quality chocolate, and the bitterness of each create complex flavors that complement, rather than clash, on the palate. Try it with a little cinnamon, and you’ll notice that the spicy kick from the tequila is enhanced, but some of the heat diminishes. Chocolates with fruits-either as fillings, or like dried pieces of orange or grapefruit peel-can pair well with both blanco and Añejo tequilas. Peppermint also pairs well with some tequilas, adding a grassy note that brings out the flavor of the agave in the spirit.
At your next cocktail party, try putting out a selection of various chocolates, some with a higher cocoa percentage, some with lower, along with 3 or 4 tequilas. We’re sure you’ll find a chocolate with tequila pairing that’s perfect for you.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz chocolate liqueur
- .5 oz orange liqueur
- 1 tbs chocolate syrup
- 1 tbs almond milk creamer
- .25 tsp almond extract
- .25 tsp ground cinnamon
- Rim: Chocolate syrup, chopped bittersweet chocolate, cinnamon
Dip glasses into chocolate syrup, then into chocolate and cinnamon. Set aside. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake, and pour into the prepared glasses. Serve cold, with a side of chocolate chip cookies!
- The Perfect Spring Time Soup: Cream of Broccoli With Lemon - March 22, 2017
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 22, 2017
- Taste the Rainbow with Spring Cocktails from New York City’s Finest Bartenders - March 8, 2017
- Deviled ‘Spring’ Eggs by Chef David Vandenabeele - March 2, 2017
- How to Drink $1200: The Billionaire Margarita - February 21, 2017
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita Recipe: Pairing Chocolate with Tequila - February 20, 2017
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017