Life is a little better when viewed from your bicycle, and more so when good food and wine is involved. Since Bainbridge Island is a short ferry ride away, it’s a great time to hop across the water and spend the day cycling for Vidi, Vino, Bici.
On Saturday, August 24th, ioin Il Corvo chef Mike Easton and Clive Pursehouse, wine writer for Peloton Magazine and The Northwest Wine Anthem, for a day spent outdoors. Your morning starts with a thirty-ish mile bicycle ride through Bainbridge Island’s cycling friendly streets. The first stop will be at the Port Madison Goat Farm and Dairy to sample some local chevre. After the cheese, the second stop will include a winery tour and barrel tasting at Rolling Bay winery, where you’ll sit down to a picnic style lunch prepared by Mike.
Bainbridge Island offers the Puget Sound a respite from Seattle’s hustle and bustle. A destination for Seattle area cyclists and those looking to explore the island’s eclectic offerings, Bainbridge offers an array of restaurants, boutiques and working farms and wineries. Bainbridge boasts cycling-friendly roads, amazing views, and just enough hill to keep you on your toes.
Tickets are $60, and going fast. Get your spot by visiting their Brown Paper Tickets site, and get ready for an incredible cycling experience.
Credit: Il Corvo; Photo credit: Rennett Stowe
- Pumpkins Take Over at the 9th Great Pumpkin Beer Festival - October 1, 2013
- The Trophy Cupcakes Book Launch Party Brings On The Cupcakes - September 27, 2013
- Taste Local Cheeses at the Washington Artisan Cheesemakers Festival - September 23, 2013
- Join Slow Food Whidbey Island for Taste of Whidbey 2013 - September 20, 2013
- The Bellevue Collection Fashion Week Returns, Revealing Fall Trends for 2013 - September 3, 2013
- Wild Ginger Brings Asian Flair to Labor Day Weekend - August 21, 2013
- Apples to Ale: Yakima Valley’s Festive Fall Events - August 20, 2013
- Kickstarter of the Week: Genki-Su’s Japanese Tart Tonic - August 19, 2013
- The Northwest Tequila Fest Brings the Tequila to Fremont - August 14, 2013
- Take Bainbridge Island by Bicycle at Vidi, Vino, Bici - August 13, 2013