The Trade Commission of Spain announced today that the annual Spain’s Great Match event will take place on September 24th, 2013 at New York City’s Metropolitan Pavilion. This collaborative extravaganza of Spanish culture celebrates the distinctive wines, food and design of Spain. American importers and distributors of Spanish wines will present their best products, some new wines and the latest vintages to wine industry professionals and consumers. More than 300 Spanish wines and a selection of Spanish beers will be featured in a walk-around tasting format.
During the afternoon, members of the wine trade and press will also be invited to tutored regional tasting seminars (one sponsored by the D.O. Rueda, the other to be announced) and to a presentation about the Mediterranean diet. In the evening, the event will open to the public and will feature, along with the wine stations, ten of New York City’s best Spanish restaurants and tapas bars, including Andanada, Barraca Restaurant, Boqueria, Casa Mono y Bar Jamón, Manzanilla Spanish Brasserie, Salinas Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Socarrat Paella Bar, Solera, Tertulia and Txikito.
The evening portion will be a ticketed lifestyle event which, in addition to an extensive offering of wine and tapas, will showcase Spain’s award-winning interior design industry. Renowned Spanish designer Luis Eslava (http://www.luiseslava.com/) is overseeing the design of the space, the focal point of which will be the Design Tapas Bar. Mallorcan Chef Andreu Genestra will be the culinary guest of honor, and his creations will be showcased in the Design Tapas Bar.
VIP ticketholders will enjoy an extra pre-tasting hour to enjoy the wine, food and design. A portion of event proceeds will benefit a New York City volunteer service organization.
|Trade and Press Event Schedule|
|12:00 – 4:00 pm||Walk-around tasting|
|Seminar schedule to be announced shortly|
|Registration is available online at spainsgreatmatch.eventbrite.
|Public Event Schedule and Tickets|
|6:00 – 7:00 pm||VIP pre-event tasting (exclusively for VIP ticket holders)|
|7:00 – 9:30 pm||Tasting open to the public|
|Tickets are available at spainsgreatmatch2013.
VIP Tickets: $125 (including pre-event tasting hour)
General Admission: $75
Early Bird General Admission tickets: $60
Must be 21 or older to attend. More information available at www.greatmatch.org.
- Chef Annette Picha’s Eggnog Creme Brulee - December 7, 2016
- New Spirit Brand Debuts at Festivals of Speed Orlando - November 28, 2016
- Our Favorite Things: Annual Holiday Gift Guide - November 21, 2016
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - November 19, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - November 18, 2016
- Suntory Toki Whisky Review – Japanese Blended Whisky - November 18, 2016
- Jacopo Falleni’s Pear Bellini Cocktail Recipe - November 6, 2016
- Coffee, Pumpkin, Apple, and Sage Cocktails for Fall - November 6, 2016
- Drinking ‘Pink’: Soltado Tequila Kicks off ‘Cocktails for a Cause’ - October 17, 2016
- Orlando Wine Events: Christner’s Prime Steak To Host Chateau Ste. Michelle Dinner October 21st - October 12, 2016