Whidbey Island is home to some amazing food, which is easy to miss when you’re distracted by all the beautiful scenery. So Slow Food Whidbey Island is hosting a Taste of Whidbey on October 13th, so we can all learn more about local chefs and the Whidbey Island food culture.
For $30, you’ll get a ticket that gets you access to food from Whidbey Island’s top chefs cooking with locally-sourced ingredients, as well as locally crafted wines and beer. Each ticket covers ten tastes, with additional available for purchase at the event at $2 per taste. Since previous years have involved restaurants such as The Inn at Langley, Whidbey Pie Cafe, Prima Bistro and Front Street Grill, it’s sure to be a delicious evening.
Everything will be sourced from Whidbey, from the restaurants, to vintners, bakers and brewers, and the proceeds will support Slow Food Whidbey Island, who’s working to keep our local food communities alive. So bring your locavore friends, or the ones who are still swearing that Washington wines and distillers have a way to catch up to our amazing food, and have a great evening.
For tickets, the full participating list of vendors, and more information, check out their Brown Paper Tickets site.
- Pumpkins Take Over at the 9th Great Pumpkin Beer Festival - October 1, 2013
- The Trophy Cupcakes Book Launch Party Brings On The Cupcakes - September 27, 2013
- Taste Local Cheeses at the Washington Artisan Cheesemakers Festival - September 23, 2013
- Join Slow Food Whidbey Island for Taste of Whidbey 2013 - September 20, 2013
- The Bellevue Collection Fashion Week Returns, Revealing Fall Trends for 2013 - September 3, 2013
- Wild Ginger Brings Asian Flair to Labor Day Weekend - August 21, 2013
- Apples to Ale: Yakima Valley’s Festive Fall Events - August 20, 2013
- Kickstarter of the Week: Genki-Su’s Japanese Tart Tonic - August 19, 2013
- The Northwest Tequila Fest Brings the Tequila to Fremont - August 14, 2013
- Take Bainbridge Island by Bicycle at Vidi, Vino, Bici - August 13, 2013