Orlando’s new favorite neighborhood restaurant, Marlow’s Tavern, is bringing NOLA to Central Florida with its “Bayou ‘n Bourbon” menu full of cuisine from the Deep South. Now through March 25, Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando is featuring a special menu full of jazzed up dishes and classic cocktails that will take diners taste buds on a trip to the Big Easy.
“The flavors of New Orleans cuisine are distinct and irresistible, much like the chef-driven food and hand-crafted cocktails found on our everyday menu,” says John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern. “We want our guests to experience Louisiana cooking with a Marlow’s twist,” he adds.
The “Bayou ‘n Bourbon” menu includes dishes which are offered daily for lunch and dinner:
- Roast chicken and shrimp gumbo – a Louisiana tradition with a Marlow’s twist (6.5)
- Fiery crawfish fondue – a rich, creamy blend of crawfish, Gruyere cheese, fresh herbs and spices served with ciabatta crostini (9)
- Honey Jack chicken and Andouille flatbread – blackened Prestige Farms chicken, spicy andouille sausage, caramelized red onion and pepper jack cheese with sweet and spicy Honey Jack on crisp flatbread (9.5)
- “Nawlins-style” po’boy – tempura battered shrimp and crawfish, sweet slaw, shredded lettuce, Roma tomato and smoked chili cream on a soft Cuban roll (12.5)
- Bayou burger – fresh ground beef all “jazzed up” with andouille sausage, cheddar cheese, crawdaddies, lettuce, Roma tomato, red onion and house-made Creole remoulade on a toasted onion roll (12)
- Deconstructed jambalaya – grilled Prestige Farms chicken, andouille sausage, house-made dirty rice and traditional crawfish Creole sauce (14)
- Sweet Bourbon St. rib-eye – blackened Jack Daniels honey-blazed rib-eye served with tiny asparagus and a crispy sweet potato cake (26)
A Bourbon Street meal is not complete without a sweet treat. Marlow’s offers honey bourbon bread pudding, made with honey and vanilla crème brûlée, soaked ciabatta and a splash of Jack Daniel’s Honey (7) to round out the Louisiana inspired meal.
Guests will need to hold on to their beads while enjoying Marlow’s spirited take on classic New Orleans-style cocktails and drinks:
- “Pat’s” Marlow’s Hurricane – a New Orleans tradition borrowed from Pat O’Brien’s with Bacardi light rum, fresh orange juice and a floater of Bacardi 151 (8)
- Ramos Gin Fizz – Van Gogh dry gin, house-made sour, light cream and orange flower water, shaken 50 times until frothy and served icy (8.5)
- Cajun Cosmo – Absolut Mango and Pepper, cranberry, triple sec and fresh lime (9)
- Abita Restoration – the Louisiana “home brew” with intense hops partners perfectly for spicy Cajun dishes (5.5)
About Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando
Marlow’s Tavern is located at 9101 International Drive at Pointe Orlando. For more information and to become an Insider for specials and the latest news, go to www.MarlowsTavern.com, on Facebook and on Twitter.
The location at Pointe Orlando seats up to 215 guests with indoor seating as well as an all-weather patio. The new Marlow’s Tavern was specifically designed with guests’ comfort in mind. The tavern’s warm and inviting interior features exposed brick walls, dark wood accents, large leather booths, communal tables and an extensive fully covered patio.
The restaurant serves lunch, happy hour, and dinner daily Sunday through Thursday 11:30 a.m. to midnight and Friday and Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Guests will enjoy live entertainment Thursday through Sunday each week.
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - January 16, 2017
- Getting Healthy: Top 5 Ways To Use Kombucha for Stress Relief - January 11, 2017
- How to Cook Octopus: Local 92’s Spanish Octopus With Spaghetti Squash and Leek Emulsion - January 11, 2017
- 7 Anti-Aging Secrets for the Perfect Party Face - January 10, 2017
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - January 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly Coconut Eggnog Recipe (And One For Adults) - December 20, 2016
- Holiday Gift Guide: Crave Local’s Best Wines of The Year - December 19, 2016
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes To Enjoy All Winter Long - December 14, 2016
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - December 13, 2016
- Classic Cocktails With a Twist: Eggnog Three Ways for National Eggnog Day - December 10, 2016