The Sixth Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest is set for Saturday, February 22 and Sunday, February 23, 2014 for more than 20,000 foodies and wine lovers to experience unique local cuisine paired with wines from around the globe.
Date / Time: Saturday, February 22 (noon to 9 p.m.) and Sunday, February 23, 2014 (noon to 7 p.m.)
Location: Located in the heart of downtown Orlando at Lake Eola along Robinson Street
Tickets: Admission is $15 per person, per day with advance online purchase beginning January 8, 2014. Admission at the door is $20 per person, per day. Admission for children under age 12 is free.
For all-weekend Fest fans, a new, two-day ticket is available for $20 per person with advance online purchase.
Food and beverage tickets are available at the Fest for $2 each; food and beverage offerings range from one to four tickets.
The Fest is presented and produced by CBS RADIO Orlando, led by Orlando favorites MIX 105.1, 1059 SUNNY FM, and 102 JAMZ in partnership with the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association. Located in the heart of downtown Orlando at Lake Eola on Robinson Street, the two-day Fest features mouth-watering dishes from 40 of Orlando’s premier restaurants, domestic and international wines, and live entertainment. A portion of the proceeds benefit the FRLA Educational Foundation.
New for 2014
The Ultimate Fest Experience
The Ultimate Fest Experience ticket is $100 per person, per day and includes parking, $40 in food and beverage tickets, access to the private Cadillac pavilion with crudités and premium wine selections, a commemorative wine glass, and additional Fest perks and privileges. A limited number of VIP tickets are available with advance online purchase beginning January 8, 2014.
Wine Tasters Club
A limited number of Wine Tasters Club passes will be available for purchase for $15 per person at the Fest. Club members will enjoy up to five 2 oz. pours of their choice throughout the Fest and a souvenir lanyard.
VIP Bottle Service at The Liquid Lounge
VIP Bottle Service at The Liquid Lounge hosted by Team Market Group will be the place to remix, relax, and refresh during the Fest on Broadway Street. Featuring beer, wine, and specialty drinks for purchase, guests will meet and mingle with 102 JAMZ Freaken Weekend On-air Mixers in a sleek and swanky atmosphere to enjoy remixes of today’s hottest hit music while relaxing in a South Beach-style setting.
“This signature event showcases the beauty, diversity, and vibrancy of our cultural scene in Orlando. The Downtown Food & Wine Fest highlights the best our community has to offer for entertainment and culinary distinction for all to enjoy,” said Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer.
Dave Robbins, senior vice president and market manager, CBS RADIO Orlando commented, “Through the power of radio and the strength of our FRLA restaurants, we are ready to provide foodies and fans with another unforgettable experience that brings our community together to indulge in the sights, sounds, and tastes of Orlando.”
“The Fest is the perfect combination of divine food, unique wines, and headliner entertainment right in the heart of downtown,” said Leigh Doyle, president-elect, Central Florida Chapter, FRLA. “Orlando has emerged onto the national culinary stage with award-winning restaurants and memorable events to showcase the spirit of the City Beautiful.”
Forty top restaurants are scheduled to present culinary tastings including the return of the 2013 Foodie Award winners as honored by a panel of Orlando elected officials, food writers and reporters, and celebrity chefs.
- Foodie Award (based on one food item for taste, unique flavor and culinary excellence)
- Dexter’s of Thornton Park – Crown Royal Maple Bacon Skewer
- Best Overall Menu (based on overall menu creativity, depth of offerings, and quality)
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare
- Best of Show (based on fun factor, overall energy, and crowd vibe)
- Siro at Orlando World Center Marriott
- Best of the Fest (Patrons got into the act, texting in their votes for their overall favorite restaurant)
- The Pub
For more information on the Downtown Food & Wine Fest:
- Visit www.DowntownFoodAndWineFest.com
- Like Downtown Food & Wine Fest on Facebook
- Follow @DTFoodWineFest on Twitter
- Call the events hotline at 407-919-1048 or eMail DowntownFoodandWineFest@cbsradio.com
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016
- Homemade Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms - June 28, 2016
- Grilled Garlic and Summer Squash Skewers with Chimichurri - June 28, 2016