The hosts of the 2013 Miami Rum Festival are inviting members of the spirits and beverage trade to a private Trade-Only Rum Exhibition day featuring hundreds of rum products from the Caribbean and beyond.
On Friday, April 19 from 3 to 7pm at the Doubletree by Hilton Miami Airport Hotel, festival organizers are offering complimentary admission to food and beverage managers, liquor store buyers, brand representatives, bartenders, sales associates, distributors, importers and other trade professionals.
“An important aspect of the Miami Rum Festival mission is to help educate our friends in the trade on the myriad expressions and styles of rum available for retail sale in South Florida. From the great sipping rums to the essential ingredients for creating fine cocktails, it’s important for professionals to know their rums” said Robert Burr, festival organizer. “We’re investing in the trade by opening our doors to our associates in the business who want to learn all about rum.”
Rum exhibitors come to the event come from all over the Caribbean as well as North, Central and South America. Some bring their rum samples from as far away as Madagascar off the coast of Africa, from Mauritius in the Indian Ocean or from the Philippines in the South China Sea.
The Miami Rum Fest offers a unique opportunity for professionals to sample, savor and evaluate all these spirits in a single room. They can interact with representatives of the exhibiting brands who are eager to share their knowledge and experience in the art of distilling, aging and blending cane spirits.
Promoters expect Trade Day at Miami Rum Fest to attract more than 4,000 industry professionals, associates and affiliates to their 40,000 square foot exhibit space at the Miami Airport Convention Center.
Immediately following the Trade Day exhibit session at 7pm, the 2013 RumXP tasting competition awards will be announced. These medals represent the pinacle of recognition in the rum category, based on blind tasting scores compiled by members of the International Rum Expert Panel.
Advance online registration for the Trade Day exhibition session is available on the Miami Rum Festival web site. Complimentary tickets will be sent to qualified members of the spirits and beverage trade.
All members of the Spirits Trrade are invited to attend the Miami Rum Renaissance Trade-Only Session on Friday, April 19 from 3 to 7pm, followed by the RumXP Competition Awards at the Miami Airport Convention Center — 711 N.W. 72 Avenue, Miami, FL 33126.
- Spring Brings Fun At Miami Rum Fest and Trade Expo - April 4, 2017
- Cool Down With Our Top Ten Favorite Spring Cocktails - March 20, 2017
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016