John Howie Steak is excited to announce its new Guest Sommelier nights. Wine Director and Sommelier Lisa Rongren is putting together a list of beloved wineries along with the rare opportunity to meet with one of their team members. Kicking off the series is Heitz Cellars. Jeanne Cabral will be the guest Sommelier on Thursday, March 28th from 6pm-9pm. She is the Director of Sales and has been with the Heitz family since the early eighties. Jeanne will share her vast knowledge and experience of the winery, while offering their award winning wines in 2 and 4 ounce pours.
Heitz Cellars has earned countless accolades for its dazzling wines every year since 1961. Their three renowned vineyard designated Cabernet Sauvignons – Martha’s Vineyard, Trailside Vineyard and Bella Oaks Vineyard – are the highlight of the winery’s distinguished portfolio. The Martha’s Vineyard Cabernet is so well regarded that in 1982, the White House took it to France during Ronald Reagan’s presidency, where it was served at a state dinner during the European Summit. This will be the last chance for guests to taste the Bella Oaks, as this award winner has been retired. It was last produced in 2007.
Jeanne Cabral will be pouring:
- Chardonnay – 2010
- Napa Cabernet – 2007, 2008
- Trailside Cabernet – 2007
- Martha’s Vineyard Cabernet – 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
- Bella Oaks Cabernet – 2007
- “Ink Grade” Port
For Cabernet lovers, Lisa Rongren has crafted two flights: one representing all four of their Cabernets and a second that includes all of the popular Martha’s Vineyard vintages. For more information or reservations call (425) 440-0880.
John Howie Steak is located in The Shops at The Bravern at 11111 NE 8th Street, Suite 125, Bellevue, Washington.
- Sheet Pan Suppers – Vegetarian Ratatouille With Goat Cheese - February 10, 2016
- Uncork a Culinary Adventure With Ruth’s Chris and Spanish Wine Pairings - February 8, 2016
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016