Just in time to cheers National Piña Colada Day on July 10, Caribe Hilton is sharing their original recipe from 1954. Also getting into the summer spirit, select Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America are sharing their signature cocktail recipes to help make every summer day a little more vacation-esque!
Caribe Hilton’s famed original Piña Colada recipe is a great way to get a taste of Puerto Rico this summer! The Piña Colada was originally created at Caribe Hilton in 1954 by bartender Ramón “Monchito” Marrero, which he continued to serve at the hotel for 35 years. Ramon left quite the legacy, as the Piña Colada is now the official drink of Puerto Rico!
The Original Piña Colada:
2 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Coconut Cream
1 oz. Heavy Cream
6 oz. Fresh Pineapple Juice
½ cup Crushed Ice
Add the rum, coconut cream, heavy cream and pineapple juice together in a blender. Add the ice and blend for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Serve in a 12-ounce glass. Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
To keep the rest of your summer cool, enjoy a variety of other signature cocktails from select Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America. The beachfront Hilton Barbados Resort provides a refreshing rum-based Rajin Bajan cocktail, while the picturesque Hilton Papayago Costa Rica Resort & Spa shares their signature Caribbean Carnival cocktail for summer gatherings in need of some extra sunshine. And do-it-yourself baristas will enjoy whipping up the signature Tinajero Cocktail from Hilton Cartagena in Colombia, which blends together the flavors of gin, amaretto, lemon and orange or Hilton São Paulo Morumbi’s pomegranate martini to leave friends and family coming back for more.
- Top 5 Memorial Day Party Punch Bowl Recipes - May 23, 2016
- Spice Up Memorial Day With These Delicious Sangria Recipes - May 20, 2016
- Cinco De Mayo Just Got A Whole Lot More Refreshing! - April 28, 2016
- Grilled Sea Bass Tacos Recipe From NYC - April 12, 2016
- One of The Most Tasty Pizza Recipes To Come Out Of Your Oven - April 7, 2016
- Your New Favorite Way to Cook Clams: Wood Roasted Clams Recipe - April 6, 2016
- Classic Tex Mex: Shrimp Enchiladas Recipe - March 23, 2016
- Top Five Slimming Cocktails for Summer - March 16, 2016
- Chef Daniel Billheimer’s Chambord Creme Brulee Recipe - February 9, 2016
- Rib Sticking Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Lentil Turkish Bride Soup - January 22, 2016