Just in time to cheers National Piña Colada Day on July 10, Caribe Hilton is sharing their original recipe from 1954. Also getting into the summer spirit, select Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America are sharing their signature cocktail recipes to help make every summer day a little more vacation-esque!
Caribe Hilton’s famed original Piña Colada recipe is a great way to get a taste of Puerto Rico this summer! The Piña Colada was originally created at Caribe Hilton in 1954 by bartender Ramón “Monchito” Marrero, which he continued to serve at the hotel for 35 years. Ramon left quite the legacy, as the Piña Colada is now the official drink of Puerto Rico!
The Original Piña Colada:
2 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Coconut Cream
1 oz. Heavy Cream
6 oz. Fresh Pineapple Juice
½ cup Crushed Ice
Add the rum, coconut cream, heavy cream and pineapple juice together in a blender. Add the ice and blend for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Serve in a 12-ounce glass. Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
To keep the rest of your summer cool, enjoy a variety of other signature cocktails from select Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America. The beachfront Hilton Barbados Resort provides a refreshing rum-based Rajin Bajan cocktail, while the picturesque Hilton Papayago Costa Rica Resort & Spa shares their signature Caribbean Carnival cocktail for summer gatherings in need of some extra sunshine. And do-it-yourself baristas will enjoy whipping up the signature Tinajero Cocktail from Hilton Cartagena in Colombia, which blends together the flavors of gin, amaretto, lemon and orange or Hilton São Paulo Morumbi’s pomegranate martini to leave friends and family coming back for more.
- Game Changing Recipes For The Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 14, 2017
- Chicken Stroganoff Recipe with Chanterelles & Vanilla - January 10, 2017
- Handcrafted Soltado Tequila Debuts at Luxury Supercar Charity Weekend - December 5, 2016
- Botanically Rich Peony Vodka Launches in New York Markets - August 29, 2016
- Toast Vodka Made From Natural Coconut Water Launches In Miami Florida - August 29, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day With Fresh Coffee Infused Cocktails - August 15, 2016
- If You Love Whiskey, and You Love Beef, Meet Your New Favorite Snack - August 15, 2016
- National Rum Day Recipes That Make Every Day ‘Tiki’ - August 11, 2016
- Homemade Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms - June 28, 2016
- Grilled Garlic and Summer Squash Skewers with Chimichurri - June 28, 2016